DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   International DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk-12/)
-   -   Calling all Ray Harryhausen fans... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk/218553-calling-all-ray-harryhausen-fans.html)

hardtack 06-28-02 12:48 AM

Calling all Ray Harryhausen fans...

I know this probably belongs in the International forum, but too many would miss this if it was... so admin person, please feel free to relocate as you see fit (at least then there will be a link from this forum).

If you are into Harryhausen effects laden films, then I recommend that you:
a) invest in a multi-zoned player and
b) check these links out.

Sure they are expensive, but I couldn't stop myself ordering sets 2 & 3, and now I feel as though I should be ordering set 1 as well as I need symetry (i need serious help!! )

Ray Harryhausen DVD Library Box 1
Ray Harryhausen DVD Library Box 2
Ray Harryhausen DVD Library Box 3

Click on the link next to each picture of the box set to view its contents.

Note to the admin type person: If these links contain references please feel free to remove them - they are not there intentionally and I am not sure which part of the link to remove if they are there.

regards, Tim..

Blade 06-28-02 02:15 AM

Wow, that is sweet. But that's like $125 US isn't it?

Good thing I don't have a multi-region player or I might buy these! :)

[puts on admin type person hat]Unfortunately, you're right, this really does belong in International...no affiliate codes in your links though.

So, moving thread.[/takes off admin type person hat]

Nice to see someone putting this much effort into releasing these. I wonder what the transfers and special features are like.

oscar_merkx 06-28-02 04:22 AM

anybody speak japanese here, I need some translation skills

RichardW 06-28-02 09:14 AM

Here's the information from CD Japan:

Set I:
This box contains: "The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958)," "The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (1974)," and "Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger (1977)." The set comes with a bonus action figure of Cyclops from "The 7th Voyage of Sinbad." The figure is exclusive to this set, and not sold separately. It's 17 cm tall, and it was faithfully modeled by a master model-maker, Ryu Oyama. The limited box set (5,000 copies only) also includes a b/w postcard featuring the original artwork.

Set II:
This box contains: "Jason and the Argonauts (1963)," "Earth vs. The Flying Saucers (1956)," and "20 Million Miles to Earth (1957)." The set comes with a bonus action figure of Ymir, the Venusian creature from "20 Million Miles to Earth." The figure is exclusive to this set, and not sold separately. It's 17 cm tall, and it was faithfully modeled by a master model-maker, Ryu Oyama. The limited box set (5,000 copies only) also includes a b/w postcard featuring the original artwork.

Set III:
This box contains: "The 3 Worlds of Gulliver (1960)," "It Came From Beneath the Sea (1955)," "Mysterious Island (1961)," and "First Men in the Moon (1964)." The set comes with a bonus action figure of Hindu Goddess Kali from "The Golden Voyage of Sinbad." The figure is exclusive to this set, and not sold separately. It's 17 cm tall, and it was faithfully modeled by a master model-maker, Ryu Oyama. The limited box set (5,000 copies only) also includes a b/w postcard featuring the original artwork. In addition this set includes a 60-minute documentary "The Ray Harryhausen Chronicles" (in "The 3 Worlds of Gulliver" disc.)