Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

What Are Some Good Links to Search For/Buy DVD's in Other Regions Besides R1 and R2?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

What Are Some Good Links to Search For/Buy DVD's in Other Regions Besides R1 and R2?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-02, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey guys,

I just got a Malata dvd player and I like it a lot. I want TV shows (I have futurama and family guy currently) and possibly even movies that are in other regions besides R1 and R2? Where are some good links to search for and or buy them?

Also, is it very possible that certain DVD's in the USA will be bare bones, but others in other countries will be special editions? If so, why, and is there a certain method in finding out or is it more just trial and error as you may just stumble on a movie packed with extras in, say, Japan. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-20-02, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
check the list of stickies at the top of this forum. there is lots of helpful information there.
Old 06-20-02, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well I know that, but there are MANY pages and posts to wade through on those stickers.

I just assumed people would have links as book-marks/favorite places. Can anyone help me out here and save me some time? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-21-02, 04:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by PacMan2006
Well I know that, but there are MANY pages and posts to wade through on those stickers.

I just assumed people would have links as book-marks/favorite places. Can anyone help me out here and save me some time? Thanks in advance.
For you to ignore this sticky post at the top of the forum saying it's too much work to wade through it all is not only insulting but also shows everyone how lazy you are capable of being. The very first post in that thread which is titled "WORK IN PROGRESS: listing of non-US DVD e-tailers" has everything you are asking for. I list a few etailers myself in my first post of the HK Newbie thread which is also sticky at the top. I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm going off on you... maybe I'm a little overzealous about how much work was put into those threads.

To answer your other questions - there are different supplements in different countries because different studios get different rights on different content. There are a few websites that list the details and differences between R1 and R2 versions of the same movies. I can't think of the address of any off the top of my head, but I'm sure someone could think of one. If you were more specific about the movies or TV shows you wanted, we could be specific with our answers. That would save you time right there.
Old 06-21-02, 11:12 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What kevin75 and Trigger said....

.... PacMan2006, please demonstrate a modicum of consideration and respect for the great past and continuing efforts of your fellow DVDTalkers by using both the sticky threads and the search function. In the words of Mr Dio: the less that you give, you're the taker.

Closing thread.

Benedict