Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

If you live in the U.S., where do you buy your R2 DVDs?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 06-03-02, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hopefully this doesn't get moved to International, because it is a local question.

I want to know where the Region 1 people here get their Region 2 DVDs from and what is usually the reason they are chosen over Region 1 DVDs?
Old 06-03-02, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I only buy Region 2 DVDs if they're not available in Region 1.

I buy from one of three different sites, depending on who has the best price.
All have, in my experience, excellent customer service and VERY fast shipping.

Amazon UK
BensonsWorld <--- free airmail shipping!
Blackstar
Old 06-03-02, 06:26 PM

I strongly second Benson's World for R2-UK and I'll add these:

R2-France
http://www.dvdzone2.com

R2-Switzerland (they sell German DVDs though and are super fast, unlike Amazon Germany)
http://www.uoe.ch
Old 06-03-02, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Snowmaker
Hopefully this doesn't get moved to International, because it is a local question.

I want to know where the Region 1 people here get their Region 2 DVDs from and what is usually the reason they are chosen over Region 1 DVDs?
Errr... the questions you are asking are the exact reason the International forum exists. Have you looked at it? All of the sticky threads right at the top should answer your questions.

This thread will tell you where to buy titles: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=167378

This one lists titles available in other regions that aren't in R1: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=202243

This one lists titles that are 16x9 in other regions but not in R1: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=212398

etc. etc. etc.

I guess I just don't understand why you didn't want to ask a question about Region 2 DVDs in the International forum. That's where Region 2 DVDs are discussed...
Old 06-03-02, 08:36 PM
Admin Emeritus

I don't understand, either. Even though it looks like this is a dupe, I'm moving it to International Forum anyways.
Old 06-03-02, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I haven't bought outside R1 yet......But I'm going to start ordering from Amazon Deutschland in the near future. I really want more DVDs with German language audio options.
Old 06-04-02, 05:09 AM

Originally posted by RobCA
I only buy Region 2 DVDs if they're not available in Region 1.

Amazon UK
BensonsWorld <--- free airmail shipping!
Blackstar
Although (as you say) Bensonsworld has "free" international shipping, unlike Amazon.co.uk, they do not remove VAT. Therefore you will often find for the higher priced items - such a box sets - that Amazon.co.uk's price - including shipping & less vat - is less than Bensonsworld's shipped price.

(whereas Blackstar is only rarely cheaper than Amazon.co.uk as they do not remove VAT, and do charge for shipping.

Hemulen
Old 06-04-02, 05:14 AM

Originally posted by bboisvert

I guess I just don't understand why you didn't want to ask a question about Region 2 DVDs in the International forum. That's where Region 2 DVDs are discussed...
Perhaps they're worried that the discussion will be dominated by us scary foreign types

(I likewise can't see what the problem is with discussing it in the international form - which, by and large, provides a forum for US/r1 dvd users to discuss those dvd/e-tailers etc from outside the US.(

MTCW

Hemulen
Old 06-04-02, 05:36 AM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by Static Cling
Even though it looks like this is a dupe, I'm moving it to International Forum anyways.
Yup!

I think folks can use the stickies and pre-existing threads....

.... closing.

Benedict