Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Kurt Vonnegut's Welcome to the Monkey House

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-02, 03:07 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could someone direct me to a place where I could purchase Kurt Vonnegut's Welcome to the Monkey House. I've been looking around and can't find anything.
Old 05-31-02, 03:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...ahh... the IMDb only shows a US VHS tape (shudder!), supposedly available from Amazon...

http://us.imdb.com/Details?0102245

. . . . . .
Old 05-31-02, 03:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow - I get to correct the all-knowing Hendrik!

This is available in Canada on DVD from www.absound.ca and others. It’ll run you about $19US plus shipping but that will give you 166 mins of content over 7 episodes. Downside is that it has one of the worst covers I’ve ever seen! Picture quality is full frame (OAR) and sound is basic 2 channel stereo. Vonnegut provides an introduction and the whole package is well worth the money.
Old 05-31-02, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...well... and how many people knew that, I ask you!?!... of course, as far as DVD (or VHS, LD) is concerned, the IMDb almost totally ignores Canada (and France, Italy, Spain, Japan, etc.)... I myself ignore Canada as well - since there is very little on offer there that is not on offer in R1/USA, or else in one of the other countries mentioned... although... I did order the marvelous two-disc Sandbaggers in Canada since that (British!) TV series doesn't seem to be available anywhere else ...

Note: I'm not all-knowing, I merely - if the spirit moves me - go look for things here, there, and elsewhere - and sometimes I do come up with this or that bit of information... he said, modestly...

. . . . . .
Old 05-31-02, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There's a few Canadian e-tailers that sell this one on eBay. I've found that you save a couple of bucks buying it there...
Old 05-31-02, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought it on Ebay for $14 US not too long ago. It's a good DVD, and good series for the Vonnegut fan.
Old 12-05-07, 12:23 AM

Running time

The VHS says that the running time is 225 minutes, which is about seven - 30 min. episodes. Does the dvd cut the episodes down significantly?
Thanks,
Dennis