Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Y Tu Mama Tambien DVD [merged: inc. "Charolastra Edition" R4/English subs]

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Y Tu Mama Tambien DVD [merged: inc. "Charolastra Edition" R4/English subs]

Old 08-08-02, 11:32 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I gave up trying to order this disc through them, took the plunge and bought it off eBay. If you like the movie, it is definitely worth paying the few extra bucks. It's a **terrific** set, and the menus come in your choice of English or Spanish, so it's very U.S. friendly.

Also worth noting is that the specs for the U.S. release are about to be announced any day now. I doubt it will have all the extras of this set, but it might be worth waiting for to see what it will have.
Old 08-09-02, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm hoping the US set has the extras. I plan to upgrade my Italian copy if thats the case.
Old 08-09-02, 03:53 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
According to this thread, the R1 release will be 10/22 with 2 versions - one of which will have the commentary.
Old 10-12-02, 02:43 AM

I bought the Region 4 DVD released by Fox in Mexico, and I was wondering about a feature in the second disc. The Solo Para Adultos feature... is it just supposed to be that last scene and then the credits or did I get a bad disc? Seems pretty odd to be just that. I thought we were getting another version of the film or something. But anyway, any help would be appreciated. Thanx!
Old 10-12-02, 09:53 AM

I think the "Solo Para Adultos" feature is only supposed to last for a few minutes, so there's nothing wrong with your disc. It's supposed to be just a novelty as it's the film recut for younger viewers (a bit like the 'PG' version of "Freddy Got Fingered" that appeared on that disc, and ran to just 3 minutes or whatever).

Hope this helps...

Dazza.
Old 10-13-02, 04:01 AM

Haha that actually makes sense. Thank you very much for clearing that up for me! =) Great movie!
Old 10-18-02, 06:46 PM

Are there subtitles for the commentary in the Mexican R4 version?

Has anyone done a comparison yet between R1, R2, R4 releases?

thanks