Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Y Tu Mama Tambien DVD [merged: inc. "Charolastra Edition" R4/English subs]

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Y Tu Mama Tambien DVD [merged: inc. "Charolastra Edition" R4/English subs]

Old 07-07-02, 01:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw the Region 0 release on Ebay last night but wanted to check the forums before bidding on it.
What would you guys reccomend, The ebay one of the one that dvdit place.
Any specs, I cant read the Spanish? Subtitles?
Old 07-08-02, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hi cooper2000, I have the dvd.it version its excellent. I just noticed that play.com is listing a zone 2 available late July. I'm not sure if it is a different release or not. I haven't heard of a zone free version yet, just the Mexican release the zone 3 and the one from DVD.it. I also saw the Edko disc on http://www.pokerindustries.com/acatalog/

I'd recommend the Italian release as its anamorphic and Play.com doesn't ship to the US yet. Dvd.it ships UPS, I got my order in 3 days. And yes there are English subtitles.
Old 07-08-02, 09:29 AM
Banned

Funny Faust, we keep traveling in the same circles.

I'll check out dvdit. Any idea what the money exchange is like. DVDit is what region? Where is it located?
Thanks
Old 07-08-02, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

its and Italian site. Very fast service, and all zone 2 I believe. I really do like edition. No complaints. Oh and when you sign up on the site, it will display prices minus VAT. I think I got mine for under 13 Euros which is pretty cheap. I was able to also pick up Intimacy on the same site and still be under the limit for taxes.

Just got a call, my ride is here so have to split.
Old 07-08-02, 11:53 AM
Banned

I am logged on to DVDit but its all in a different language and I cant read anything.

Help. I want to order this.
Old 07-09-02, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

there should be a link for English someplace on the page. Did you find it?
Old 07-09-02, 09:22 AM
Banned

I'll keep trying. I am blindly pushing buttons....
Old 07-09-02, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just checked, you have a toggel link that goes bettween English and Italian. Or rather Italian and English :-)

You're not going to find the descriptions in English, but the important stuff you need should be in english.

When you first get to www.dvd.it look on the right side of the screen under the DVD Video Games and High Tech icons.

http://www.dvd.it/index.cgi?sid=1185...=dett&nlang=en
Old 07-09-02, 10:24 AM

New Y tu Mama Tambien SE "Charolastra Edition" R4 now out! WITH ENG SUBS!!!

A new SE of the hit Mexican comedy "Y Tu Mama tambien" has been released in Mexico and this version includes Spanish, French, portugese and English subtitles. The Edition has two discs and includes:

Features Disc #1: Movie Uncut, Charolastra commentary track with Saba, Julio and Tenoch.

Features Disc #2: Making of (Behind the scenes), Trailer, Filmographies, Deleted Scenes, Soundtrack and Television Spots and short film by Alfonoso Cuaron "Me la Debes" (You owe me).

Tecnical Information: 16x9 anamorphic NTSC format, Widescreen and Fullscreen Formats, Audio Dolby Digital, Dolby Surround Sound 5.1.

Produced in 2002, Color, Language in Spanish with option of English, French, Portuguese and Spanish Subtitles, Duration 115 minutes.

The disc is region 4. For those who don't have a multiregion player, hopefully the rumored October Region 1 release will be as packed as this edition.

I saw this for sale this past weekend when I went home to Mexico. Sanborns has it on sale online:

http://www.sanborns.com.mx/

Total shipped to U.S. is: $41.29, kind of steep.

I put a picture of this sweet disc here:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/arturod/v...c=ph%26.view=t

Last edited by arturod; 07-13-02 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-09-02, 03:01 PM
Banned

What to do. What to do...
Both are enticing.

Maybe if someone who has seen the film tells me more about the nudity aspect of the film, I may be willing to go for the more expensive one.
Old 07-09-02, 03:03 PM
Banned

Does Sanbornes ship to the US?
Old 07-09-02, 05:32 PM

Originally posted by cooper2000
Does Sanbornes ship to the US?
I believe so.
Old 07-10-02, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by cooper2000
What to do. What to do...
Both are enticing.

Maybe if someone who has seen the film tells me more about the nudity aspect of the film, I may be willing to go for the more expensive one.
Well the zone 2 from Italy is uncut (so to speak) :-) Its plus is that its an anamoprhic transfer.

The zone 4 mex release sounds interested but that shipping needs to come down to Earth. Shipping cost from Mex is insane.

I hadn't heard about the zone 1 release before. I'll have a look at that when its out and might actually SHRREEEEEEKKKK... Upgrade is the extras are worth it.

I'm really getting into spanish language films these days and absolutely LOVE this film.

OK OK, and Gael García Bernal is SUCH a hottie.

Jim
Old 07-21-02, 03:45 PM

Re: New Y tu Mama Tambien SE "Charolastra Edition" R4 now out! WITH ENG SUBS!!!

Originally posted by arturod
I saw this for sale this past weekend when I went home to Mexico. Sanborns has it on sale online:

http://www.sanborns.com.mx/
I just went to that site, and it was down. Does anyone know anything about that? Is it still in biz? Does anyone know about another site where I can pick up this killer DVD?
Old 07-21-02, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Re: New Y tu Mama Tambien SE "Charolastra Edition" R4 now out! WITH ENG SUBS!!!

Originally posted by LABachlr

I just went to that site, and it was down. Does anyone know anything about that? Is it still in biz? Does anyone know about another site where I can pick up this killer DVD?
Just tried the site now and it came up no problem....
Old 07-21-02, 03:58 PM

Kool! Just tried it, and it works! I guess it was down.

Thanx for letting me know!
Old 07-22-02, 02:40 PM

Thanx! Sanborns.com.mx looks to be the best one. Could not find any info on shipping charges at mixup.com.mx, nor could I even register with a US address...it wouldn't take it.

I did try doing a search at Yahoo! Mexico, Yahoo! US (which went to google), and also with Copernic, and for some reason, I came up empty handed. However, I mainly put in "dvd tienda" (tienda means store) and "dvd mexico" for the search words. I got some sites, but they either didn't come up, or they didn't carry this DVD.

Thanx for the info!
Old 07-22-02, 03:14 PM
Mod Emeritus

Can anyone verify if it is strictly Region 4, this "Charolastra Edicion"? Thanks.
Old 07-22-02, 03:25 PM

I believe that is the case.
Old 07-23-02, 04:16 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by LABachlr
I believe that is the case.
Strange, the guys at a Spanish speaking forum are saying it's bi-regional.
Old 07-23-02, 04:25 PM

Here is an excerpt from a listing of the DVD being sold on eBay.com:

The disc is region 4. You need a Region 4 player or MULTIREGION player to play the discs....

The Earlier Mexican Region 1 and 4 release also does not have extra features.

Go here to check it out:

eBay listing
Old 08-07-02, 01:44 AM

Ordering from sanborns and mixup

Ok I'm trying to order Y Tu Mama Tambien from sanborns.com.mx and I'm having trouble putting in my address correctly because it's not a mexican address. I fill out everything but I don't have a 2nd or 3rd address to put into those two blanks so my shipping address comes up all weird on their confirmation page. So I'm having trouble putting in an order and I was wondering if anyone could help me.

Secondly, I did put my order through (although the address is still weird, they have all the info just in different order) but it doesn't seem like they're doing anything with it. On status, it just says authorized and it hasn't changed since 2 weeks ago.. almost 3 now. I wrote them countless emails, in Spanish, and they dont' write back. Now unless my Spanish is really that bad (which it might hehe) I dont' see any reason why they don't respond.

Now, you'd think this story is over but here's the third part. Because my order is not coming from sanborns.com.mx, I tried mixup.com.mx. However, they have the same exact forms and ordering system. I put in the order and same thing is happening as with sanborns. (Btw, my credit card hasn't been charged yet with either site)

Does anyone have any tips as to how get my order to me? hehe Also, I want to try calling them but they only provide 1-800 Mexican numbers which I'm having a problem dialing.. Does anyone know how to dial an 1-800 mexican number? Anyway, thanx in advance for any help.
Old 08-07-02, 11:47 AM

I received my copy about a week after I put an order from sanborns.com (I live in NJ). They shipped the DVD by Estafeta in Mexico and by Airbone Express in the States. It took 2 days to get the shipping notice.

The are two different address forms (one for Mexico and the other for non-Mexico) in the order page. If you are in the States, you should use the latter form to order.

One major problem of the disk set. The disks are in digipack (like code 1 Metropolis, Citizen Kane, or RHPS). However, the clear platic holders are not solid. Because they are made of cheap flexible plastic, there is no way the disks are in place during shipping. My copy has a lot of scratches on both disks, even though I have no problem with playing the disks. I love the movie and the extras in the Mexican disks.

However, I recommend to wait for Code 1 which will be out on October 22 by MGM.

Last edited by hsim841288; 08-07-02 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-07-02, 04:16 PM

i did fill out the form for non-mexican address and still it came out weird.
Old 08-08-02, 04:12 AM

can anyone tell me step by step how to order from sanborns.com.mx so that my order will be shipped to me? also, i can't get any of my credit cards to work except for american express. all my accounts are fine. i use them everywhere else. but their site won't accept them for some reason. it's really hard to communicate with them because they rarely respond to emails.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.