Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Herzog/Kinski boxset deals for international customers thread

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 05-19-02, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spent some time searching around last night for deals,and could only find this listed at three etailers.

Outpost.com and buy.com either don't ship internationally(outpost.com),or have a US$500 minimum purchase-no international credit cards accepted(buy.com).

The only place that would ship it to me was dvdplanet....their price including worldwide shipping(not Canada) was US$71.99... ($55.99 + $16 shipping for a 6 disc set).RRP is $79.99.

Not that flash a deal really, so I'm posting this in the hope that there might be some better ones about.
Old 05-22-02, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm waiting for Amazon to get it. They would surely have it for 25% off, and this combined with STL and a $5 coupon would make the total about $55 (including shipping!).

I sent Amazon an e-mail message about this and received their usual automated message that stated the following:
Unfortunately, we do not currently sell the item you're asking
about. As soon as a studio lets us know that it will be releasing a
film on VHS or DVD, we try to make that title available for pre-order
in our catalog. If you're interested in purchasing a specific movie,
you may search for the title to see if it has been listed on our web
site.
The reply then went on to suggest that perhaps this was an international title etc. etc. I really hate it when they don't bother to read messages sent to them.

I'll send Anchor Bay mail urging them to inform Amazon of this release. Let's see if we can get it up for pre-order.

Last edited by Tyler_Durden; 05-22-02 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-23-02, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know if you've seen this yet on the main forum...

Originally posted by ehonauer
Bad news... looks like the MSRP for this might jump to $89.98. CDNow and DVDEmpire added it at that price this week.

Bestprices, buy.com and DVDPlanet all have it at the lower SRP so it might worth it to get an order in now.

Anyone know if those sites honor misprices? I assume DVDPlanet would, but the other two... would they stick you?
I don't know if Planet or anyone else will honor the misprice, but it might help to order soon.

ehonauer also posted that he received confirmation from Anchor Bay that $89.98 is the correct MSRP.

Last edited by NavinJohnson; 05-23-02 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-24-02, 10:06 AM

Thanks for the responses.I have used the CDnow discount from the bargains page to get what works out to be a 19.28% discount to get this posted to New Zealand for US$57.32 (62.99+6.48shipping-12.15 discount)....that works out the best so far even with the increased 89.98 MSRP.I notice though that their release date is July 23,rather than the 9 July that other shops seem to be stating(DVDplanet,dvdempire).Nothing to worry about though I guess.

Still no word fom Amazon though...I'll be keen to see what they come up with.I hate that automated response shite too.If they don't automatically recognise what your talking about,they send you a form letter.I doubt they'll beat CDNows' 30%+19% off deal,but here's hoping.
Old 06-01-02, 06:31 AM

I couldn't find the set at CDNow. What gives?
Old 06-02-02, 01:27 AM

Hi Tyler...you gotta click on th dvd tab,then advance orders,then on the He-Hi link to get to the right page. heres a link: http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver...itemid=1411149 I notice they now have the July 9 release date on the page
Old 06-02-02, 02:59 AM

Thanks!