DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   International DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk-12/)
-   -   Where is everyone buying their DVDs from now??? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk/208098-where-everyone-buying-their-dvds-now.html)

princessducky 05-16-02 10:24 AM

Where is everyone buying their DVDs from now???
 
I use to go through www.dddhouse.com, but now I go through www.dvdshelf.com


Are there any other good ones you guys suggest?

roseart 05-16-02 11:11 AM

DDDHouse is still the place I use for HK DVDs.

Mr.Kwang's Ebay Store for Korean DVDs. This guy is top notch...

Robbert 05-16-02 11:20 AM

DVDSoon, but beware: they charge your card when you order.
Very fast shipping:4-5 days to Amsterdam.

stingo 05-16-02 12:57 PM

I don't know if you're talking Non-R1 but I mainly use deepdiscountdvd, dvdplanet or bestprices for R1 and bensonsworld for R2. Haven't tried any of the other regions yet but I will eventually.

Trigger 05-16-02 02:32 PM


Originally posted by stingo
I don't know if you're talking Non-R1 but I mainly use deepdiscountdvd, dvdplanet or bestprices for R1 and bensonsworld for R2. Haven't tried any of the other regions yet but I will eventually.
That's what I use as well - you might want to check out DVDEmpire's prices against DVDPlanet sometimes.

I also use Pokerindustries and DDDHouse and soon I'll be ordering a bunch from krdvd.com. I don't trust ebay sellers.

roseart 05-16-02 03:13 PM


Originally posted by Trigger
I don't trust ebay sellers.
Actually, that is just a way to get out there. If you notice, he bought the website (www.mrkwang.com). I know longer buy off the Ebay store, I know just email him what I want, and he sends me the total. Send my PayPal, and have my DVDs in about 6-7 days. Real honest guy. :up:

Let me know about krdvd. I wanted some of their posters, but they don't sell them. :( I'm wondering how they are though. Good prices, nice selection.

Trigger 05-16-02 03:20 PM


Originally posted by roseart


Actually, that is just a way to get out there. If you notice, he bought the website (www.mrkwang.com). I know longer buy off the Ebay store, I know just email him what I want, and he sends me the total. Send my PayPal, and have my DVDs in about 6-7 days. Real honest guy. :up:

Let me know about krdvd. I wanted some of their posters, but they don't sell them. :( I'm wondering how they are though. Good prices, nice selection.

Yeah - their prices are a little better... I've heard nothing but good things about kr and my order will probably be kinda large. I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out.

roseart 05-16-02 03:34 PM


Originally posted by Trigger
I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out.
Thanks. ;)

I was SO hoping the Korean 2 disc release of Dobermann had English subtitles... :(

eXcentris 05-16-02 04:26 PM


Originally posted by roseart

I was SO hoping the Korean 2 disc release of Dobermann had English subtitles... :(

Yes, me too. I had ordered it from krdvd but David was kind enough to e-mail me to let me know it didn't have english subs... I think I'll get the R2 French release.

roseart 05-16-02 06:37 PM


Originally posted by eXcentris


Yes, me too. I had ordered it from krdvd but David was kind enough to e-mail me to let me know it didn't have english subs... I think I'll get the R2 French release.

No subs there either. :(

stingo 05-17-02 07:32 AM


Originally posted by Trigger


That's what I use as well - you might want to check out DVDEmpire's prices against DVDPlanet sometimes.

**snip**

DVDEmpire might be an option but I live in PA so get the 6% Sales Tax too

gabegarwick 05-17-02 07:59 AM

For foreign titles:

DDDhouse
pokerindustries
hkflix
krdvd-(not yet,but soon)

For domestic titles:
DDD
dvdplanet
amazon

I occasionally shop at other places, the above are the mainstays though.

Cheers,
Gabe

axolotls return 05-17-02 11:19 AM

I pick up all domestics down the street (local store). Have to support the local businesses.

I pick up all imports from whomever has all my wanted items in stock at the time I want them (esp HK).

ntuc 05-17-02 12:32 PM

dddhouse or coolashop

JaxComet 05-18-02 08:35 AM

Amazon UK is a little expensive but I like the super fast shipping...

Trigger 06-07-02 07:30 PM

My so-so experience with krdvd so far... they are being really cool about things in general - my order is pretty large and they gave me a break on the shipping to be nice. I wouldn't expect it in the future though - The prices are so low I'd think they work on a really low profit margin. My only complaint is that I still haven't been able to place my order yet. Sometimes it takes a few days to hear back from them via email and the last email said he'd get back to me on Monday after talking with his contacts in Korea (who he suggested were difficult to get a hold of). I mean - I like krdvd so far - I'd like em even more if I could actually place an order though. I'm starting to get impatient kinda cuz I want to see My Sassy Girl. :) The fact that he's going out of his way though to cut me a break on shipping is really nice. So I guess I wouldn't say so-so... it's pretty much my fault the order is taking so long. ;)

benjsimpson 06-07-02 09:33 PM

I've just discovered cd-wow.com for R2 (and R1!).I gave them a try with the R2 Brass Eye series...free delivery to New Zealand for 14.99 pounds,elsewhere it's 18.99 pounds plus delivery.I placed the order on Monday,it shipped on Tuesday,arrived in my letterbox on Saturday!Their selection is limited,but what they do have is really cheap...Back to the future boxset R4 for 17.99 pounds seems a pretty good price,but it may be cheaper to buy that one here at a B&M.Royal Tennenbaums Criterion free delivery worldwide for 12.99 pounds.A note...make sure you don't go to cdwow.com (without the dash) as that site looks downright dodgy...there is a thread about it in the store forum.

I have to say Brass Eye R2 is some of the funniest TV I have seen in a long time...all TV should be that good...it's a brilliant biting satire of TV sensationalism...highly reccomended


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.