DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   International DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk-12/)
-   -   Anyone seen Donnie Yen's Fist of Fury ?? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk/208096-anyone-seen-donnie-yens-fist-fury.html)

JHosk 05-16-02 10:20 AM

Anyone seen Donnie Yen's Fist of Fury ??

Just noticed that a few on-line places have the new Donnie Yen flick Fist of Fury. From what I read its basically a stripped down version combining episodes from the television series of the same name. Has anyone seen it ?? I have never seen the show or the movie. I'm a big Donnie Yen fan, and was wondering if this one is worth the cash. I'm mainly into fights, so what is the choreography like ??

Any feedback would be great.

Slumbering Fist 05-16-02 01:12 PM

Here is my review. I address everything you are curious about, and I’m from the Donnie yen fan crowd too. Hope it can help.

axolotls return 05-16-02 01:42 PM

And if it wasn't mentioned before, Tai Seng is releasing one more condensed/repackaged Fist of Fury DVD (4 hours I think).

They have no plans on releasing the entire series.

OT: Drunken Tai-Chi is one of favorite movies~

JHosk 05-16-02 02:07 PM

Cool..thanks for the link....great review by the way.

Looks like I'll have to pass on it. Just ordered Fudoh next generation in its place.

I was hoping it was going to be one of those hidden gem type of flicks. oh well.

Slumbering Fist 05-17-02 01:56 PM

I hadnt heard they were doing another version. I know in June/July they are releasing a 2 disc set of his Kung Fu Master tv series. I dont know how many episodes that series was, but with two discs, thats still a lot of Donnie Yen.

Slumbering Fist 05-22-02 03:01 PM

Ran across this blurb in the Hollywood reporter...

"Big deal kicks in for 'Master' Yen
May 20, 2002

CANNES -- Los-Angeles based Hong Kong martial arts actor Donnie Yen returns to his home market as part of a landmark deal to headline a new big-budget action film, "Kung Fu Master." In the pact with Emperor Multimedia Group he will also oversee action choreography on four films over two years. Yen landed the deal fresh from appearing in "Blade 2" and working on Zhang Yimou's "Hero" and alongside Jackie Chan on "Shanghai Nights." The deal is the first of its kind for an expatriate Hong Kong talent in terms of packaging and fees paid, EMG said. The four-picture arrangement was negotiated directly with Yen, while that for acting deal struck through Yen's agent, L.A.-based Paradigm, which has put his fee for "Kung Fu Master" alone in the low- to mid-seven figures. Yen's attorney on the acting deal was David Feldman. The pact also signals a shift in strategy for EMG that will see it become more involved in local action-style films, complemented with at least one major internationally targeted feature, said recently appointed CEO Carl Chang. "