DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   International DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk-12/)
-   -   My Sassy Girl (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk/207450-my-sassy-girl.html)

Jameslam 05-14-02 01:31 AM

My Sassy Girl

Saw it and loved it. I want to buy the DVD, please tell me is the DVD worth buying over the VCD? Thanks.

Yellow Hammer 05-14-02 02:25 AM

no DVD yet

Trigger 05-14-02 03:18 AM

Originally posted by Yellow Hammer
no DVD yet
Yeah there is... www.krdvd.com under Comedy. It's the Region 3 Korean disc. Anamorphic, 5.1, heaps of extras... I'd say the DVD is totally worth it. It's 24 bucks though versus 5 bucks a VCD probably costs.

yangshouwen 05-14-02 10:26 PM

Re: My Sassy Girl

Originally posted by Jameslam
Saw it and loved it. I want to buy the DVD, please tell me is the DVD worth buying over the VCD? Thanks.
If you've just watched the HK VCD, the Korean DVD has the director's cut. And the fact that the 2 DVD set is brimming with extras (even for me, a non korean speaker, I found the extras of interest). However the Hong Kong DVD isn't far off, so yuo might want to wait a few more weeks to see what the difference is.

chaver 05-15-02 02:23 AM

Re: Re: My Sassy Girl

However the Hong Kong DVD isn't far off, so yuo might want to wait a few more weeks to see what the difference is.
Any release-date info yet?

TPACer 05-15-02 01:59 PM

I spent $55 to get the now OOP Tin Can version of this. The most expensive I've ever spent on a single DVD. The case is really cool, definitely worth buying. Call me crazy coz I don't even have a multi-region player yet.

roseart 05-15-02 02:12 PM

Originally posted by TPACer
I spent $55 to get the now OOP Tin Can version of this. The most expensive I've ever spent on a single DVD. The case is really cool, definitely worth buying. Call me crazy coz I don't even have a multi-region player yet.
Not to make you feel bad, but DVDAsian.com has the Tin In-Stock for $34.95.

Thought others might like to know also.

bbq 05-15-02 05:20 PM

Too late...
Now it is out of stock. (it's so fast)

TPACer 05-16-02 03:06 AM

was it ever in stock? i don't think it has been out of stock for a long time.

Big Guy 05-16-02 06:20 AM

The HK release will have the theatrical cut of the movie-which is 20 mins shorter than the Korean version.......(or so I"ve been told!!_)

roseart 05-16-02 06:58 AM

Originally posted by bbq
Too late...
Now it is out of stock. (it's so fast)

Damn, it was 24 hours when I posted it. They must of only had a few on-hand. The posted it at the beggining of this week, so they must of found a couple tucked away.

ntuc 05-17-02 12:35 PM

this show is really nice but the extras have no english subtitles. if u dun know korean, just look at pictures.

WhFastus 02-16-05 10:25 PM

Edited post - I found the information I was looking for.

I was trying to find the music videos menu on the 2nd disc of the Starmax director's cut set of Sassy Girl. dvdcompare.net had the info -- it's an easter egg on the first Making Film screen (click on the time capsule).

royalwithcheese 02-17-05 01:05 AM

have you been searching for three years? LOL!!!

NestoJR 02-17-05 01:46 AM

LMAO, i was reading this like wtf, its not on dvd yet ? hong kong release ? then i checked the date and WOW.

Trigger 02-17-05 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by royalwithcheese
have you been searching for three years? LOL!!!

:lol: nice...

Trigger 02-17-05 05:47 AM

the crazy part about this thread is that I knew something that Yellow Hammer didn't already know. Probably one of my top 5 proudest moments on this forum. YH knows all... usually.

WhFastus 02-17-05 06:10 AM

As a matter of fact, I just went region free this past September, and picked up Sassy Girl at the same time...

dumbdvdtalkers. 02-17-05 08:51 AM

There you have it again, just another dumb & stupid question asked by yet another dumb & stupid dvdtalker. What is the IQ of MOST of the dvdtalkers in here.......???? How freaking stupid and dumb can MOST of you be?

sikegrad 02-17-05 09:13 AM

Got this movie when I went region free too, and would like to get the OOP tin too.

eXcentris 02-17-05 11:01 AM

I also went "no DVD yet? wtf?" :lol: