International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Review of Friend HK DVD

Old 05-09-02, 05:06 PM

Review of Friend HK DVD

just saw this flick last night. this movie is very good, the narrative is a bit like Y Tu Mama Tambien, but the camerawork is a little more proffessional(but in a good way).

very brief synopsis: 4 friends grow up together, they are all at one point in time affiliated with Gangsters, ther are some relly good fight scenes, but this is more of a character study, played out over an unrushed period of time. i know that is brief and not to specific but i dont want to ruin it for you.

there were only a few thigs i didnt like about the movie but they are forgivable.

The picture quality is OK, thats it. its an anamorphic transfer, RARE for HK dvds. the colors seeem to be on, jsut the brightness is a little high, there was a lot of shimmering though, but this movie is worth it.

there is a Korean DVD whcih should be much better quality coming out in June, so if you can wait, but if you are making a purchase from dddhouse.com or dvdshelf.com make sure you pick it up.