International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

HKL SALE 9.99 (less than $15)

Old 04-29-02, 07:58 AM
Cool New Member

HKL SALE 9.99 (less than $15)

http://www.bensonsworld.co.uk/hongkong.htm

Armour Of God (Wide Screen) (DVD) Save 10.00! ~ Our Price 9.99
Some religious artefacts called `The Armour of God` must be borrowed back from an antique dealer in order that a girl may be rescued from an evil cult...

Battle Creek Brawl (Wide Screen) (DVD) Save 10.00! ~ Our Price 9.99
A martial arts expert has no option but to get involved in an organised street-fight...

Big Boss, The (Wide Screen) (DVD) Save 7.99! ~ Our Price 12.00
A young man travels to Bangkok to take up work in an ice factory. His discoveries find him fighting for justice and his life.

City Hunter (Wide Screen) (DVD) Save 10.00! ~ Our Price 9.99
Jackie Chan stars as a freelance crime-fighter who strikes a blow against international terrorists planning to hijack an ocean liner. Martial arts. Plus behind-the-scenes footage.

Fist Of Fury (Wide Screen) (DVD) Save 7.99! ~ Our Price 12.00
Fast and furious tale of a martial arts expert in a one-man vendetta against the gang who killed his kung fu master. The nunchaku battle sequences are re-instated in this film.

Game Of Death 2 (Wide Screen) (DVD) Save 7.99! ~ Our Price 12.00
A martial arts adventure in which a young man, out to avenge the murder of his brother, finds him-self opposed by dozens of armed men. When it comes to a final showdown he is forced to pit all his strength against an enormous force of evil.

Iron Monkey (Wide Screen) (DVD) Save 10.00! ~ Our Price 9.99
Story about two warriors who devote their lives to defeating a corrupt political regime. Features many fight sequences.

Legend Of A Fighter (Wide Screen) (Special Collector`s Edition) (DVD) Save 10.00! ~ Our Price 9.99
Fast-action martials arts film based around the life of one of China`s most formidable fighters, Huo Yuan Chia. A man trains secretly in martial arts and becomes a master. Later he is faced with fighting his own mentor in a championship fight.

Magnificent Warriors (Wide Screen) (Subtitled And Dubbed) (Special Collector`s Edition) (DVD) Save 10.00! ~ Our Price 9.99
Non-stop action as a young female takes on all comers in her battle to help overthrow a ruthless General who is occupying the city of Kaal to develop gas chambers for getting rid of the Chinese people. Dual language option.

Miracles (Wide Screen) (Subtitled And Dubbed) (Special Collector`s Edition) (DVD) Save 10.00! ~ Our Price 9.99
The 1930s and Jackie Chan, a country boy, arrives in the big city where he saves a gangland boss. Dual language.

Purple Storm (DVD) Save 10.00! ~ Our Price 9.99
Terrorist Kieron Chow`s son, Todd, sustains a serious head injury but wakes from his coma to find he`s been given a new life.........

Way Of The Dragon, The (Wide Screen) (Special Collector`s Edition) (DVD) Save 7.99! ~ Our Price 12.00
A man visits family in Italy and finds himself defending his own kind when they are attacked by the mafia.
Old 04-29-02, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Purple Storm is cool
Anyone have opinions on
City Hunter??
Old 04-29-02, 09:03 AM

Originally posted by d2cheer
Purple Storm is cool
Anyone have opinions on
City Hunter??
I haven't seen the HKL version but even being a huge JC fan this is one of my less favorite movies. There are a couple of scenes that make it worth seeing atleast once though; the arcade and the cinema fights.
Old 04-29-02, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i saw that purple storm got good ratings, but i have no idea what it is.

i picked up armour of god, fists of fury and way of the dragon. the bensons person emailed me to make sure i have a multiregional pal machine which i thought was considerate.
Old 04-29-02, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have the City Hunter HKL disc. Thumbs up from me.
Old 04-29-02, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yup, knew about this. Already ordered Purple Storm and Iron Monkey.
Old 04-29-02, 04:23 PM

Oh crap. Just my luck, I bought Purple Storm from them two weeks ago for 16 pounds. Sh*t.

Does anyone know if Armour of God is a Region 0 disc? I really wanna get that, but there's still no word on a region-free disc for American X-Boxes.
Old 04-29-02, 06:42 PM

Originally posted by Prancetron2000

Does anyone know if Armour of God is a Region 0 disc? I really wanna get that, but there's still no word on a region-free disc for American X-Boxes.
I'm pretty sure all HKL DVDs are R2.
Old 04-29-02, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Armour of God is Region 2.

Nemein: Certain HKL discs have been printed as Region 0. Possibly out of faulty mastering; Iron Monkey is one of them.
Old 05-01-02, 06:10 PM

Hm.. how often does Bensonsworld have these kinds of sales for their HKL discs? Do you think that it would be worth it to get Miracles and/or Armour of God in hopes that someone will release a region-free disc for American X-Boxes in the near future, or just wait until that comes out and wait for another sale like this?
Old 05-01-02, 06:15 PM

wait

if you dont have anything to play it on yet, wait for it, they have sales like this probly 4-5 times a year, if not them another site
Old 05-01-02, 07:20 PM

BTW the HKL sale lasts until the end of May. They also have the Stargate SG1 DVDs on sale for 1/2 price (I'm tempted but I'm still hoping they release R1 versions), that lasts until the end of June.
Old 05-01-02, 07:33 PM

Originally posted by Prancetron2000
Do you think that it would be worth it to get Miracles and/or Armour of God in hopes that someone will release a region-free disc for American X-Boxes in the near future [...]
Frankly, I doubt anyone would release region-free discs for US X-boxes in particular ... however, some HKL discs are actually region-free (SITES, Blacksheep affair among them, if I am not mistaken). Check http://asiandvdguide.com for details.
Old 05-01-02, 09:34 PM

What makes you say that? Blaze already released a region free disc for the PS2, so I don't see why they or someone else wouldn't do that for the American X-Box.
Old 05-02-02, 12:50 PM

Communication problem :)

Completely misunderstood your post ... sorry about that. I read it like: "will somebody produce region-free movie DVDs specifically for the US PS2?" - hey, it was just too late in the evening, I guess! Stupid me ...