DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   International DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk-12/)
-   -   Where to get Versus Region 2 DVD? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk/203200-where-get-versus-region-2-dvd.html)

DVD Otaku 04-27-02 07:16 AM

Where to get Versus Region 2 DVD?

Does anyone know anywhere I can get the Region 2 DVD of Versus? I don't want to deal with buying from Japan.

-DVD Otaku

Blade 04-27-02 04:09 PM

You'll likely get a better answer to your question in the International forum. They also have some threads there that may already answer this question, so you might want to look around there if you don't get an answer right away.

Moving thread.

ellone 04-27-02 04:36 PM

Re: Where to get Versus Region 2 DVD?

Originally posted by DVD Otaku
Does anyone know anywhere I can get the Region 2 DVD of Versus? I don't want to deal with buying from Japan.

-DVD Otaku

You're probably going to have to import it from Japan.

Cdjapan has it. They ship via EMS so you should get it within a week.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KSXD-24308

And here's the listing at Amazon Japan. I've previously posted a link to a FAQ for ordering from them. Their express service is via DHL and items usually arrive in 2-3 days.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...048579-1728236

ScreachingWeasel 04-28-02 12:54 PM

Re: Where to get Versus Region 2 DVD?

Originally posted by DVD Otaku

-DVD Otaku

Like it says in the other post you will probably need to order it form Japan. If you order it from a US company it would be at least ten dollars more then it would be from a place such as CDJapan.

Cornfed 04-29-02 08:42 AM

Just got my disc this morning. I popped it in for a few minutes; everything looks good. The English subtitles are there. The picture quality is pretty good. The sound is Dolby Digital 2.0 it seems but works. I have a final in an hour so I'll spend more time with this puppy tonight.

DeepRedInferno 04-29-02 11:54 AM

wait for domestic

wait for the region 1 release, both Wild Zero and Versus got picked up by american companys, Synapse and Shriek Show. wait on their discs they will probably be better and less expensive.

Cornfed 04-29-02 12:56 PM

Re: wait for domestic

Originally posted by DeepRedInferno
wait for the region 1 release, both Wild Zero and Versus got picked up by american companys, Synapse and Shriek Show. wait on their discs they will probably be better and less expensive.
Well, this could be said for any non-R1 disc. "Wait for Predator Five-Star; don't buy the new R2 special edition."

As in better, I doubt the audio and video quality could get much better. They're very good and this movie was filmed for next to nothing. People have been paying as much as $80 just for bootlegs. For the crazed fans, I would say this is the best version there is and leaves little room for improvement. I'm not sure when it will come out in R1, but hopefully it would go uncut. But again, this is the International forum. These guys are either non-R1 or they bought their region free player just for that reason - they don't have to wait for R1. So for those of you region free Versus fans wanting this disc, go for it.

mediawave 04-29-02 11:59 PM

Versus R0 dvd legit?

cruising ebay and spotted several region free dvd's of Versus for sale. Is this a legit dvd of this film or a Chinese bootleg? I know about the R2 Japanese release.

Anyone have this region 0 version, and how is the quality?

thanks for any heads up on this.

Paul J

Cornfed 04-30-02 12:53 AM

Re: Versus R0 dvd legit?

Originally posted by mediawave
cruising ebay and spotted several region free dvd's of Versus for sale. Is this a legit dvd of this film or a Chinese bootleg? I know about the R2 Japanese release.

Anyone have this region 0 version, and how is the quality?

thanks for any heads up on this.

Paul J

Bootlegs, VHS quality. No chapter stops, no menus.

d2cheer 04-30-02 02:44 PM

Originally posted by Cornfed
Just got my disc this morning. I popped it in for a few minutes; everything looks good. The English subtitles are there. The picture quality is pretty good. The sound is Dolby Digital 2.0 it seems but works. I have a final in an hour so I'll spend more time with this puppy tonight.
No DTS?? some guy on ebay has this DVD listed as the official release and says it has DTS... just wondering

J-Dubya 04-30-02 03:39 PM

I got mine today from cdjapan and there isn't any DTS logo on the back of the case, just the DD.

Cornfed 04-30-02 11:31 PM

Got mine from cdjapan too. When I put it in, it played under Pro Logic II. I'm pretty sure the only other audio track was the audio commentary. I can guarantee there's no DTS track on the official release.

By the way, it sounded by sweet in Pro Logic II. Better than most 5.1 mixes I've heard.