Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Fudoh on dvd?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-02, 04:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fudoh on dvd?

anyone know were to get Fudoh on dvd i reaad that is is out on dvd on another forum-where can i get one only seen it on vhs for 29$$$
Old 04-25-02, 04:59 PM

Read this thread for the info you seek.

Cheers,
Gabe
Old 04-28-02, 01:19 AM

In the other thread, the conclusion is made that the R1 Media Blasters version is uncut. However, Digital Eyes and Amazon list Fudoh at 90 minutes, while IMDB lists it at 98 minutes. Currently on Ebay, there are R0 versions being sold from the UK (cover art is totally different) which indicate 100 minutes, and that version contains a menu, trailer, and filmography. Anyone know anything about this alternate version?
Old 04-28-02, 01:53 AM

I picked one up from tower records yesterday The tokyo shock one-100 mins uncut no menu or trailer
Old 06-19-02, 10:18 PM

For anyone who's interested, Deep Discount DVD now carries this title (the Tokyo Shock version) for $17.98 shipped, although they are currently on backorder.
Old 06-20-02, 06:17 AM

I got the tokyo shock one from hkflix. I have no complaints with the dvd. Picture and sound quality is decent enough. Personally I thought the movie was a tad over-rated, but still a solid purchase.
Old 06-02-05, 04:08 PM

Hi guys, I got the Deluxe Edition of Fudoh but I have a problem with subtitles: first of all I have a PAL system (I live in Italy) with a Samsung dvd player hacked to play dvd from all region, sometimes I have to activate the Quasi-PAL function on the player to watch ntsc dvds otherwise they play sort of "slow".
Well you know that on this disc there are 3 subtitles tracks: the first with only the slates (as the back of the cover says), the second with all the dialogue and the third with the translation of the audio commentary.
Now, I got some sort of problem with the second one, here is a list of all the attempt switching from quasi-pal on to off and viceversa:

Quasi-PAL ON:
Subtitle track: NOT WORKING
Commentary subtitle track: WORKS PERFECTLY

Quasi-PAL OFF:
Subtitle track: working.. BUT with characters in a small font, going up and down during the dialogue, and if they are on two lines the second one is cropped.
Commentary subtitle track: works perfectly

Anyone has a clue of what's my problem? Maybe because I've a 4:3 tv? Or there's a problem with the 50/60hz matter? Thank you very much.