Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

RED DWARF: original unremastered version of, confirmed!

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

RED DWARF: original unremastered version of, confirmed!

Old 04-19-02, 05:02 PM

Red Dwalf in their original unremastered version, confirmed, great news

Follow the link
http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/deck01/dvd_plans.html

Major point:
Fans will no doubt be interested to learn that the episodes will be released in their original, unremastered versions. "Two discs per series. Six episodes, with commentaries, on disc one - keep the bit-rate high, keep the quality good - and the bonus disc, on a season by season basis, could [have] anything up to 120 minutes of extras."

For those who don't know I believe the remastered version used on tv, when they tried to make it look like a film etc displeased fans, so they'll be remastering the unremastered episodes.

Excellent
Old 04-19-02, 05:13 PM
Suspended

I always though that Red Dwalf was rather dull - those hot, steamy sex scenes in the Ski Lodge were always dragged out far too long. And the interplay between the male and female leads never quite worked.

Now Red DWARF - now that was a show with style.
Old 04-21-02, 02:06 AM
Banned

Is this only in region 2 or in region 1 as well?
Cant wait for these.
Old 04-21-02, 08:51 AM

red dwarf

This is great news. While I am very happy that they are finally going to be released, 2 dvds per series? What's that all about?

They could easily fit all 6 (or 8 in the latter 2 series) episodes onto one dvd. They did with Blackadder. Talk about just wanting to cash in on something...

Oh well, should just be thankful that it is being released!

Now I just have to wait for the rest of Babylon 5 to be released too! Anyone know any info on if/when this is going to happen?
Old 04-21-02, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Speaking of trying to cash in, hopefully they won't re-release better versions (i.e. more extras) in Region 1 (ala BlackAdder), but will put out the best quality DVD to begin with.
Old 05-19-02, 12:15 PM

These DVD's are being released by BBC Worldwide and that should be both BBC UK and BBC AMERICA I hope. I know that the Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, DR Who, ETc are all the same for both regions.... I believe! Of course, does that mean the Nov 4th date is Region 2 or Both!????

It's about Smegging time!