Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Devoted DVD - Free Worldwide Shipping but unable to log into site

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-02, 04:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trying to place orders on www.devoteddvd.com.au but am unable to get into the site.

I managed to get to the last page on the order and then it failed but now cannot even get into the site.

Anyone else having problems ?
Old 04-13-02, 10:21 AM

Just incase anyone else wants to know,message on site:-

SERVER UPGRADE / PROBLEMS

Due to circumstances beyond our control the server and script can not cope with the amount of user's and the amount of order's being placed.

We are working as fast as possible to rectify the problem

At present we will be offline for a couple of days working on the server and script.

What we are doing is postponing the Free Shipping for a week or so, while we upgrade to a faster script. I hope to have the new script running as soon as possible, now I will be able to add many new features by being offline that I could not have done before..

All order's placed with the free shipping will be honoured and shipped out very shortly..

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and we hope to be back up as soon as possible

Regards

Glenn Sansome
Manager
Old 04-13-02, 11:09 AM

Are the DVDs they sell less expensive than EzyDVD? If so, with the international shipping included in the price, I may have to change etailers. Also, how is their customer service? EzyDVD's CS is among the best in the world based on my experiences with dozens of etailers.
Old 04-13-02, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Devoted are simply the best R4 etailer and one of the best etailers anywhere full stop. Their site is pretty basic but they have a good range of stock, comparable almost to Ezy. Their prices are significantly cheaper than Ezy and GST is removed in your cart so you can see exactly what you’re saving and paying. Glenn will bend over backwards to ensure you get your stuff without it falling into the hands of customs and should anything go wrong he’ll sort it PDQ.

I managed to squeeze some orders in on this free shipping promo last night, picking up the likes of Speed & Predator Sp Eds for $16 shipped along with dirt cheap pre-orders for Conan the Destroyer Sp Ed, Robocop Sp Ed, The Stepfather and a few Dr Who titles.
Old 04-13-02, 06:30 PM

bah humbug..

I'd have to agree with what is being said elsewhere - that this is a "claytons" free shipping offer

(not a happy camper)

Hemulen
Old 04-16-02, 04:06 AM

Got a note from Glenn, saying that the Free worldwide Shipping weekend would now be 27th and 28th April.

Cheers
Daren