Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Details of Spirited Away R2 DVD release

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-02, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Taken from animeondvd.com

Buena Vista has announced that Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi will be released on DVD in the (northern) summer. The DVD will be available in three packages:

Details of the DVD: Vista size (ie letterboxed) squeeze (ie anamorphic) Dolby digital stereo soundtracks: Japanese, French, Chinese DTS sountrack: Japanese Subtitles: Japanese, French, Chinese, English

Regular edition- 2 discs, picture discs, includes storyboards for the entire film and film trailers, packaged in an Amaray double box Pre-orders will also receive the "Haku's rice ball" figure noted below Catalogue number VWDZ-8036 Price 4,700 yen

Limited edition collector's edition- (10,000 units): Price 15,000 yen Comes with set of 3 movie posters, oil store diorama, Berlin Film Festival press booklet and "Haku's rice ball" figure. For a picture of the rice ball figurine, see: (the rice ball is being held by promotion manager Itoi Shigesato).

Limited edition DVD player bundle edition- Comes with Ghibli DVD player (Chihiro edition) Price 19,800 yen For a picture of the DVD player, see: The acorn on the top is the remote control. (In October 2001 Buena Vista released a Disney DVD player bundled with the release of Snow White on DVD).
Old 04-05-02, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Details of Spirited Away R2 DVD release

Now.. you too can create cotton bud art!

Sony targets home entertainment system to squirrels...

Last edited by Krug; 04-05-02 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-05-02, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that's got to be the coolest dvd palyer ever. I wish it wasn't so much though. Actually I take that back it's only like 150 bucks. Maybe I'll get it for my niece.

Last edited by ScreachingWeasel; 04-05-02 at 08:00 PM.
Old 04-06-02, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wonder what shipping is going to be on that player. I think I'll be getting the regular version.
Old 04-07-02, 12:17 AM
Suspended - needs to provide a working email

me want special edition
Old 04-07-02, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Details of Spirited Away R2 DVD release

Originally posted by Krug
Limited edition DVD player bundle edition- Comes with Ghibli DVD player (Chihiro edition) Price 19,800 yen For a picture of the DVD player, see: The acorn on the top is the remote control.
I hope there are some more buttons hidden elsewhere on that remote.......otherwise this would probably be the first DVD player in the history of the format with no menu access. Either way, I think I'll pass, especially since the player will most likely be R2 only.
Old 04-07-02, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's possible the Totoro button (top right button on the unit itself) might be the menu button. Only a guess, though.
Old 04-07-02, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by RichardW
It's possible the Totoro button (top right button on the unit itself) might be the menu button. Only a guess, though.
You're probably right. (It's also the lowest button on the remote.) Still the most bare-bones DVD player I've ever seen.........
Old 04-07-02, 09:30 PM
Cool New Member

There should a second regular remote along with the acorn remote. The Japanese Snow White limited edition (with its own special DVD player) had a second regular remote for adults and the simpler remote for kids.

If you can read Japanese, check out http://club.buenavista.co.jp/newrel/...wwhite/dvd.cfm for specs. Both DVD players should be the same (in terms of button functionality).
Old 04-08-02, 02:56 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
according to www.nausicaa.net it looks like the dvd will include a DTS-ES track in Japanese.