Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Le Pacte Des Loups DVD + Hollywood Plus

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 03-14-02, 12:00 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering if anyone here has experienced problems playing the first disk of "Le Pacte Des Loups" 3 DVD collection with the Hollywood Plus DVD Player.

Mine does not seem to pass the initial disclaimer. PowerDVD and WinDVD play it flawlessly, however.

Thanks in Advance!
Old 03-14-02, 04:20 AM

None of my French discs agree with Cine Player. I think I read that the Hollywood Plus players use cinemaster filters. Is that correct?

Ericf
Old 03-14-02, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 244 Likes on 177 Posts
Re: Le Pacte Des Loups DVD + Hollywood Plus

Originally posted by braintez
Just wondering if anyone here has experienced problems playing the first disk of "Le Pacte Des Loups" 3 DVD collection with the Hollywood Plus DVD Player.

Mine does not seem to pass the initial disclaimer. PowerDVD and WinDVD play it flawlessly, however.

Thanks in Advance!
I have all versions of Power DVD but when I play Region 2 Pal DVD's I get a studdering of the picture, does yours do that??

Real Magic Hollywood Plus plays it perfectly as it does with all of the Pal DVD's. Any Ideas why??

My video card is a NVIDIA Geforce MX/MX 400

But it did the same thing without the new video card so I am wondering what the deal could be.

Thanks for any help!
Old 03-14-02, 12:23 PM

I'm playing DVDs through DVD Subber which uses the filters of the DVD Software players you have installed. You have to switch between filters if something doesn't work and this doesn't work within the program with W 98 SE. Cinemaster don't like complex DVDs it seems.

As for problems with PAL DVDs, I have not seen any problems with those. I guess I don't play those in the computers. Mostly because they either have english soundtracks or subtitles in english.

I did use the Power DVD filter when I used DVD Subber. It was the best of the software players I have ( WDVD + Cineplayer ) in decoding the image. Do note that a lot of misty scenes and scenes with gradually darkening flat backgrounds do show gradients ( obvious small divisions between the dark to light areas. It's like a test picture on the TV which has white on the right and black on the left and everything in between is shown as clearly delineated fields. ).

Ericf
Old 03-14-02, 01:12 PM

d2cheer, I had a similar problem with my HKL discs on PowerDVD until I forgot that I needed to change my monitor resolution to 600x800. I had been using WinDVD which would flash a popup telling me to change resolution. Maybe that's the problem?
Old 03-14-02, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 244 Likes on 177 Posts
Originally posted by pwong5
d2cheer, I had a similar problem with my HKL discs on PowerDVD until I forgot that I needed to change my monitor resolution to 600x800. I had been using WinDVD which would flash a popup telling me to change resolution. Maybe that's the problem?
I don't think that is it because that is what my resolution is set at. Man it is irritating because that DVD subber for Brotherhood of the Wolf is really cool!!

Last edited by d2cheer; 03-14-02 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-15-02, 03:18 AM
Cool New Member

Through DVD Subber using both the InterVideo and PowerDVD filters, the disk plays flawlessly. Occasionally, HK Legends disks (from France) won't play correctly due to the CSS encryption on the disks. Quite annoying, but expected since the program is more of a side-project that is distributed freely. Most importantly, however, "Le Pacte Des Loups" did work so I'm very pleased.

HKL disks on PowerDVD, WinDVD and H+ all play flawlessly. The "Le Pacte Des Loups" disk is one of the very few that hasn't worked with my H+, thus the birth of this thread.

I'm experimenting with my H+. Basically, I want to see if I can use Eugene's Software player with the Subtitle plug-in to output timed scripts with the video to my TV. I have a piece-of-crap GeForce 3 card which will NOT do simultaneous TV and monitor output (I've lost so much respect for Nvidia, but that's another thread). So far, no luck.

I hope that dvdsubber is released with support for the H+ TV-out soon . . .