Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

French 2 Disk Version of Fist of Legend, good and bad news.

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-02, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I copied this link from bullet's and babes>>>

http://www.dvdrama.net/news.php3?4193

The dvd is coming out March, but from what I can gather, there is 2 audio, original cantonese and then english, but could it be that they're only providing french subs to the cantonese audio? Say it ain't so.

There are tons of french only dvd's out ther I might have to hit the books and learn another language for the love of the moviez. e.g Le pacte des loups, amelie tin can, the killer 2 dvd release, and all sorts of stuff.

Why does Christopher Gans if he wants to spread the word on HK movies just release these flix sans the english subs? Why oh why?
Old 02-23-02, 11:36 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Because the rights to english subtitles can be mucho expensive. Especially in such high-profile cases such as FoL and The Killer.

-Spider
Old 02-24-02, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I thought that originally this film wasn't in Cantonese... I can't remember. Was it in Japanese and Mandarin originally? Someone here knows... I might have it backwards
Old 02-24-02, 08:29 AM

Re: French 2 Disk Version of Fist of Legend, good and bad news.

Originally posted by zerotl

The dvd is coming out March, but from what I can gather, there is 2 audio, original cantonese and then english, but could it be that they're only providing french subs to the cantonese audio? Say it ain't so.
I can confirm, only french subs. The same for the 3 two-discs packages of Tsukamoto movies, which will be realised on first days of march. Pity, even if I can understand french, 'cause if the quality will be the same of the two-discs packages of Kitano movies, it'll be very very high.

Fede