Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Brotherhood Of The Wolf (Le Pacte des Loups) 3-DVD Set

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 02-21-02, 10:26 AM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts

In case anyone's looking for the Limited Edition 3-DVD Set of Brotherhood Of The Wolf, it's still available at Fnac.com. I just ordered it on 2/16 and it arrived today (2/21). The total price was EUR$51.54 shipped (about US$45).

NOTE - This set does not have English Dub or Subtitles.
Old 02-21-02, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe DVD Zone 2 still has it in stock as well. I got my copy from them about a week or so ago and it was number 70,000 (-ish) out of 100,000 so there seems to be quite a few still out there somewhere.
Old 03-04-02, 11:47 AM

shipping from FNAC??

BigDave - How is this set delivered? I just ordered one this weekend, but the name of the shipping option was CHRONOPOST, which of course is not anything we use here in the states. How did it arrive to you?

Just wondering if I will have to sign for it or not...

Thanks!
Old 03-04-02, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: shipping from FNAC??

Originally posted by Geminix
BigDave - How is this set delivered? I just ordered one this weekend, but the name of the shipping option was CHRONOPOST, which of course is not anything we use here in the states. How did it arrive to you?

Thanks!
Mine arrived UPS... Very quickly I might add....
Old 03-04-02, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
CHRONOPOST - sounds like some zombie in samurai gear will be bringing it to your door.
Old 03-04-02, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 225 Likes on 154 Posts
Re: shipping from FNAC??

Originally posted by Geminix

Thanks!
Mine came as Chronopost via FedEX. I wouldn't worry....By the time you read this you'll probably have the set in your hands (since FNAC has some pretty kick a$$ shipping). I got my set 3 days after I ordered.
Old 03-05-02, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Trigger
CHRONOPOST - sounds like some zombie in samurai gear will be bringing it to your door.
Old 03-08-02, 08:00 AM

Other than a pure collector's item and being a limited edition, is there much point in buying this set (fairly hefty price tag) without any english lang. or subs - or have a missed something?

Thanks for the info!

boz
Old 03-08-02, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by bozman
Other than a pure collector's item and being a limited edition, is there much point in buying this set (fairly hefty price tag) without any english lang. or subs - or have a missed something?
The deleted scenes are great, and I really don't think $38 shipped is a hefty price tag for a 3 Disc set.... If you have seen the movie subbed, watching not subbed isn't that bad, cause you already know what's going on. To me the movie is visually stunning.

I love it, and the DTS, OHH the DTS!!!!!!
Old 03-08-02, 11:04 AM

Originally posted by bozman
is there much point in buying this set (fairly hefty price tag) without any english lang. or subs - or have a missed something?
You can use a program like DVDSubber. It will overlay fan-made subtitles while watching the DVD on your computer.

If anyone needs the DVDSubber subtitles for Brotherhood Of The Wolf, let me know and I'll e-mail the file.
Old 03-08-02, 11:38 AM

Originally posted by TheBigDave

You can use a program like DVDSubber. It will overlay fan-made subtitles while watching the DVD on your computer.

If anyone needs the DVDSubber subtitles for Brotherhood Of The Wolf, let me know and I'll e-mail the file.
Too bad they don't have something like that for standalone DVD players. I'm not about to watch a movie on my 15" PC monitor.
Old 03-08-02, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
codefree----

I just about jumped out of my chair at your message. I have been wanting to wath and UNDERSTAND this movie for the longest time.

If you would please send me the Englsih subtitles and explain what I have to do to use them, I would aooreciate it. Do I have to install DVDsubber first?

Please e-mail the file to:

[email protected]

(different from my DVDTalk address)
Old 03-08-02, 02:11 PM

Originally posted by diesteldorf
If you would please send me the Englsih subtitles and explain what I have to do to use them, I would aooreciate it. Do I have to install DVDsubber first?
I just e-mailed you the subtitle file. You'll need to download and install DVDSubber at:

DVDSubber

I've only used it the one time, fumbling and bumbling my way through it. Maybe someone who's more experienced with the program can answer any questions.

The timing on the subtitles is a little off (1-2 seconds). Perhaps it was my inexperience in using the program, but the timing might be fixed with a little tweaking.

Just to let everyone know, I didn't make these subtitles. Someone obviously spent alot of time putting them together. I wish I could give credit where it's due, but I got the file from someone else on another board and I don't remember who or where.
Old 03-08-02, 09:41 PM

BigDave, could you post a link or email me the file? This program has swayed me on my decision to purchase the 3 disc set.
Old 03-11-02, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Bigdave, would you please e-mail it to me also at [email protected]? Thanks.

Also, I cannot seem to get to the Subber file to download it. It takes me to some Lycos page in French, I think it is...How can I actually get the DVDSubber program? Thanks.

Last edited by aeron; 08-29-03 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-11-02, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Could someone please e-mail me the sub file also.

[email protected]

edit: Thanks TheBigDave got it.

Last edited by Edison; 03-11-02 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-13-02, 11:19 PM

ME TOO PLEASE...

[email protected]
Old 03-14-02, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

BigDave,
ME 3

[email protected]

i've been waiting for something like this
Old 03-15-02, 05:18 AM

I just placed an order with fnac. Would it be in stock? I bought the 3 disc LE one. It said it would ship in 24 hrs to France so I figured it is still in stock.
Old 03-15-02, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
BigDave,

Please email the subtitle file to me as well, [email protected]. Thanks.
Old 03-15-02, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is indeed a useful file and seems to be very popular. Thanks again to the person who gave it to me.

The file is very small---33 KB

I have decided to post it on the web and hopefully that will help out Big Dave and also make it more efficient for those who want it. It's zipped so you will need to unzip it after downloading it.

If anyone has an actual website and would be willing to host this file, that may be helpful.

I am only using a free website and if the hits become to great, I will have to remove the file.

Here is the link:

www.geocities.com/diesteldorf/bwolf.zip

Copy and paste it into your browser window if clicking doesn't work.
Old 03-16-02, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Thanks to those in this thread who steered me to DVDSubber and provided the Brotherhood of the Wolf subtitle file I went ahead and ordered the 3-disc CE and it arrived in just three days. I hooked up the computer to the TV and was finally able to watch this great movie complete with English subtitles. Video and sound quality were about on par with VHS (my computer is a lowly PII-333) but now that I've got the story down I can go ahead and rewatch it sans subtitles with much improved video and audio through the Malata.

I also noticed that the DVD-ROM content on disc 2 includes some English language promotional materials and interviews in Adobe PDF format so those of us who are French-impaired have at least something else to read.

Thanks again for the help.
Old 10-02-02, 01:41 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Question:

I just found this on Amazon.fr what's the story on this "Ultimate Edition"?

http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASI...345352-7260255

4 DVDs?! I am gonna guess that there is not going to be an English subtitled (Oh how I wish they would do what Ghibli
Studios does and throw a whole bunch of subtitles including English) What else is there to add to a four disc edition?

Extremely cool cover by the way

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P...8.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
Old 10-02-02, 01:54 PM

what are the special features of the disc ?? I was at a shop the other day up here in canada and they have a r1 3 disc version here too. Deleted scenes, documentaries, etc. Price tag was 43 bucks canadian...or about 30 bucks US
Old 10-02-02, 02:08 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Well... after a little sleuthing I found the answer to my own question (from Fnac):

http://www.fnac.com/Shelf/article.as...n=5&Ra=-3&To=0

Contenu des DVD 1, 2 et 3 :
Le Film : Le Pacte des loups

Contenu du DVD 4 :

- Le Film : La Bête du Gévaudan de 1967 de Yves-André Hubert et écrit par Michel Subiela
- La présentation du film par Christophe Gans (15 mn)
- Les bandes-annonces US et Canal +
- L'interview de Christophe Gans par Jean-Pierre Jackson (26 mn)
- Le documentaire : " Les Hommes de L'Ombre "
- Les affiches Us et Uk
- Les modules internet

Anyone who know's French please translate. Thanks.

Last edited by Giles; 10-02-02 at 02:18 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.