Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Jackie Chan's Drunken Master 2 DVD - New Release

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 02-14-02, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Warner released a new DVD of Drunken Master 2 for Region 3 - If anyone hears anything about it, I'd like to know. If it's as good or better than the expensive OOP disk, I'd probably sell off the expensive one in trade for this one.

Also released again on DVD are:

Thunderbolt
Mr. Nice Guy
Rumble In The Bronx

All appear to be R3 and NTSC and all seem to include DD5.1 Can/Man with English Subs. Warner Home put them all out and they are all only like 10 bucks at DDDHouse. Someone pick them up and report in.
Old 02-14-02, 07:08 AM

According to DDD House they have English dub, but no English subs. And it is still uncertain whether they have the longer Hong Kong or the short "international" cut of 3 of the 4 movies. I'm also waiting for someone to buy and talk about them.
Old 02-14-02, 07:09 AM

I've heard that they are NOT the longer cuts. Actually, Thunderbolt may be but it is in FULL SCREEN. I'll try to dig up the thread where I heard this from.

Edit:

This thread confirms the lack of subs.

This thread again confirms the lack of subs and, on the third page, the cut nature of the films.

Last edited by Lint; 02-14-02 at 07:15 AM.
Old 02-14-02, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

essentially the JC movies are the same as the R1 versions except for the fact that there is a Cantonese and Mandarin language track, plus subtitles in Chinese, Korean and Thai. But NO ENGLISH subs.

Thunderbolt is same as above but uncut and full screen.

Even comes in the stupid snapper cases.
Old 02-14-02, 11:28 PM

WB Rels

Unless you plan on subtitling them yourself or watching via PC with a script I wouldn't bother. The only one I bothered with was the DM2 disc. The rest aren't worth the time of day. I'm a bit annoyed that the DVD versions were cut even compared to WB's own VCD releases of the same films (of which Rumble in the Bronx had remastered English subtitles on the VCD!).