Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

CastAway Region 2 DVD Quality.

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 02-11-02, 03:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello.

I recently purchased the region 2(U.K, South Africa) version of the Castaway 2-Disc DVD and I can't get to the easter egg in which Robert Zemeckis explains what was in the unopened FedEx package. I went into the stills gallery page and chose the raft escape menu but nothing happens when I click the left button on my DVD remote. I don't think that the region 2 version has this feature. I would appreciate it if you could tell me whether or not I can access this feature on my region 2 DVD and if I can't, could you please tell me what the contents of the package are? I'm dying to find out.

Also, the video quality on the DVD is not that good. When I watched the movie, I noticed that the picture was blocky, like the quality you get when watching an mpeg movie on a PC. Is my situation normal, or should I take my copy back to the store and get a new one? I think maybe the contrast on the movie is not properly adjusted. I only get this blocky picture with the CastAway DVD. All my other DVDs are fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Scribe
Old 02-12-02, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

IIRC, he never actually said truthfully what was in the package. He just made a joke about it being a cell phone. since this was a long time ago when this was released, can someone back me up?
Old 02-14-02, 11:28 PM

Robert said, jokingly, in that Q & A clip (March 2001), that in the unopened package was a "solar-powered, waterproof, satelite cell phone".