Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

"The One" RCE by Columbia Tristar

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 02-10-02, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
I am in Australia. Can anyone tell me whether the DVD "the One" starring Jet Li and scheduled for release in the US on 5 March 2002 includes regional coding enhancement. If so, has anyone heard anything about multi-regional DVD players in Australia having difficulty playing RCE titles. Thanks

Last edited by jadanga; 02-10-02 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-11-02, 01:50 AM

Firstly, I find it strange that this post has been moved to the International forum, as it deals with a U.S. movie, as well as a R1 release. Nevertheless...

While I think the RCE status of R1 "The One" is unknown, if you are worried, you should simply purchase the R3 "The One", which has already been released, and is identical in features to the R1 release, with no RCE. The pricing is also similar.

(and from experience most 'multi-region' players in Australia cannot handle the true RCE discs, eg. Hollow Man, Charlie's Angel, A Knight's Tale... there are some weakly done RCE discs such as America's Sweethearts that most players can get around simply by chapter searching)
Old 02-11-02, 05:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by lwdog
Firstly, I find it strange that this post has been moved to the International forum, as it deals with a U.S. movie, as well as a R1 release. Nevertheless...
Yeah - no kidding - haul this thing back to DVDTalk.

I'm not sure about RCE for the US release of The One. I know someone in DVDTalk will know which studios tend to use RCE more than others. The International Forum here pretty much deals with DVDs that are outside of R1...

I'm pretty sure the Malata can play any DVD regardless of RCE. As for which player available in Australia - perhaps that could be a seperate question for this forum, but with its own subject title. Welcome to the forum, we're not trying to make it difficult for you I swear.
Old 02-13-02, 01:48 AM

Originally posted by Trigger

Yeah - no kidding - haul this thing back to DVDTalk.
Ha ha.

Seriously though, jadanga, you are probably right in suspecting "The One" (R1) would be a RCE, as the most RCE discs so far seem to be from Columbia Tristar's "Special Edition" titles (which The One is).

Knowing that you have a multi-region player, I would recommend again simply purchasing the R3 version of "The One", which I have and know does not have RCE features, with the full set of special features the R1 does.
Old 02-16-02, 09:13 PM

Re: "The One" RCE by Columbia Tristar

Originally posted by jadanga
Hi
I am in Australia. Can anyone tell me whether the DVD "the One" starring Jet Li and scheduled for release in the US on 5 March 2002 includes regional coding enhancement. If so, has anyone heard anything about multi-regional DVD players in Australia having difficulty playing RCE titles. Thanks
what dvd player do you have jadanga