Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Notarco.ch - Any experience with this e-tailer?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 12-31-01, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to order from there, but first I'd like to see if anyone has ordered from them.
Old 12-31-01, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...well... http://www.notarco.ch is a SWISS site located in the Suisse Romande (French-speaking part of the country) so they will generally specialize in French R2 DVDs - which, as you've probably noticed, more often than not differ markedly from, say, the German R2 versions or the UK R2 versions of the same titles (language dubs, subtitle languages, extras, packaging)...

. . . . . .
Old 12-31-01, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, I'm looking to get a French DVD.
Old 12-31-01, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...well... in that case, before you order, I would check a FRENCH site to see what THEY ask for the title you want - which may well be rather less than the SWISS price ... remember, SWITZERLAND is NOT a member of the EU, so a FRENCH DVD sold in SWITZERLAND has to be IMPORTED, meaning that SWISS VAT (Value Added Tax) (7,5%) plus IMPORT DUTY is added to the French price, PLUS the e-tailer's MARGIN...

FYI: I live in Switzerland and order French DVDs from France, Italian DVDs from Italy, German ones from Germany, etc. - and SWISS DVDs (yes, Virginia! there are such things! just a handful...) from a Swiss e-tailer...

Q.E.D.

. . . . . .