Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

In search of this Shaolin movie from 20 yrs ago..

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 11-21-01, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking to see if I can track down this movie that I saw around 20-25 years ago in Taiwan as a kid. I forgot 95% of this movie, but this is a segment I remember very well, and still burnt into my head after all these years.

In general it's about how this young man wants to be one of the Shaolin 18 "Luo-Han" (I don't know how it translates to English). In wanting so he has to pass a series of challenges by the 18 luo-han. Eventually he passed them all, but at the very last challenge, in which he as to move a large object (I forgot what it was) which will imprint a dragon on his arms, marking him one of the luo-hans. Just as he is about to complete it, the door opens and somehow he had to be pulled from the challenges and never became a luo-han.

Like I said, it had been years and this last scene just stuck in my head. I know it's a long stretch, but can anybody help?? Thanks.

Beeeil
Old 11-21-01, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Re: In search of this Shaolin movie from 20 yrs ago..

Originally posted by Beeeil
I am looking to see if I can track down this movie that I saw around 20-25 years ago in Taiwan as a kid. I forgot 95% of this movie, but this is a segment I remember very well, and still burnt into my head after all these years.

In general it's about how this young man wants to be one of the Shaolin 18 "Luo-Han" (I don't know how it translates to English). In wanting so he has to pass a series of challenges by the 18 luo-han. Eventually he passed them all, but at the very last challenge, in which he as to move a large object (I forgot what it was) which will imprint a dragon on his arms, marking him one of the luo-hans. Just as he is about to complete it, the door opens and somehow he had to be pulled from the challenges and never became a luo-han.

Like I said, it had been years and this last scene just stuck in my head. I know it's a long stretch, but can anybody help?? Thanks.

Beeeil
Are you talking about Kung Fu with David Carradine? It's a TV show from the 70's that was made in the US but was originally supposed to star Bruce Lee. Actually - I know that's not what you're talking about, but I can't think of anything else.