DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   International DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk-12/)
-   -   korean vcd/dvd store? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk/158367-korean-vcd-dvd-store.html)

pum 11-13-01 06:56 AM

korean vcd/dvd store?

asiandb.com is a good online store but the price is so expensive. i.e. $19.94 for a vcd..arghhhh
i want to buy more than 10 korean vcds so cheaper price is nice but the site has to be reliable also.
please suggest me the store that meet my demand.
thank you.

dleedlee 11-13-01 07:07 AM

Here's two I use

dvdasian.com is my first stop for Korean DVDs but I don't know if they ship overseas.
They're based in the US and DVDs run around $21-$22.

You're best bet maybe yesasia.com. They're carrying a lot Korean films, both on vcd and
DVD. I think they're ususally the HK versions, so check carefully.

p.s. Pum, what did you end up doing with about your ITMFL disc 2? I couldn't
play mine either (on a Sampo). I may end up buying the new Tartan SE version
for my _third_ copy.

pum 11-13-01 08:08 AM

dvdasian didn't ship internationally as you doubt. it look like the site i'm searching though. :(

for the ITMFL, to my surprise, Amazon.fr shipped the corrected disc to me even though they didn't reply my (english) mail. since my first disc is defective only on the supplementary disc (disc#2), i sold the disc second-handedly. i got the good price. :)

kahuna 11-13-01 12:00 PM

Pokerindustries.com has been good to me. 10% off reusable coupon every month and free shipping on orders over $50. Although not sure if that applies to overseas shipments or if they even ship overseas.

My last order for 5 korean dvds was placed on a Friday (11/02/01). It shipped out on Monday (11/05/01) and arrived on Thursday (11/08/01) here in Hawaii.

<b>Kahuna</b> :cool:

pum 11-13-01 10:20 PM

hi, kahuna.
thanks for information. i checked the site and it ship internationally. the price is alright. so i guess i'll try it soon.
thanks. :)

kahuna 11-14-01 12:55 AM

Originally posted by pum
hi, kahuna.
thanks for information. i checked the site and it ship internationally. the price is alright. so i guess i'll try it soon.
thanks. :)

Here is the Poker Industries Coupon for this month. Use the coupon code DVDPS12 (expires 11/30/01) to get 10% off any purchase at PokerIndustries.com where you can find Hong Kong Import DVD's and VCD's at domestic prices. Coupon may be used on multiple orders! Plus ... get FREE U.S. shipping on orders of $50 or more! (Note: the discount will be applied when the order is processed)

pum 11-14-01 02:37 AM

kahuna,,thanks again.
that'll make i try it sooner. :D

Trigger 11-14-01 02:57 AM

Originally posted by kahuna

Here is the Poker Industries Coupon for this month. Use the coupon code DVDPS12 (expires 11/30/01) to get 10% off any purchase at PokerIndustries.com

Wow - that looks like the same coupon for last month. :) I think I've been using that coupon for the past year. It does expire soon, so that makes it kinda urgent to make all your purchases before December. I used it today in fact. :D

gabegarwick 11-14-01 09:23 AM

Originally posted by Trigger

Wow - that looks like the same coupon for last month. :) I think I've been using that coupon for the past year. It does expire soon, so that makes it kinda urgent to make all your purchases before December. I used it today in fact. :D

Again already? :D

pum 11-14-01 11:55 AM

Originally posted by gabegarwick

Again already? :D

HA HA HA!!!
HE always bought loads of vcds. too bad i don't have such a friend. :D

kahuna 11-14-01 05:11 PM

Originally posted by Trigger

I notice the same thing when I placed my order. I am getting ready to order once more but waiting for them to get Kick the Moon" in stock. They said sometime this week it should arrive. This is the one negative about Pokerindustries.com. They seem to be a little behind when getting in the new releases. Asiandvd.com had this tile in over a week ago.

jtkv 11-15-01 01:10 PM

there's some guy on ebay that sells Korean stuff...
He has an onlne store too, so don't need to bid via eBay.

He is mrKwang.

mrKwang's Korean CD/DVD store:

J.T.

kahuna 11-15-01 08:07 PM

Originally posted by jtkv
there's some guy on ebay that sells Korean stuff...
He has an onlne store too, so don't need to bid via eBay.

He is mrKwang.

mrKwang's Korean CD/DVD store:

J.T.

Boy this guys Ebay Store ads are popping up all over the place. When he first started posting his Ebay store ads all over the place his prices were not that bad. But now most of them have gone up by $2-$4.

Example he had "Kick the Moon" listed for $19.99 now it is $22.99 and lets not forget the $6 shipping fee for 1 dvd and $3 for each dvd after that. I guess it's so high since he ships from Korea.

The only advantage I see with him is he gets the korean dvds as soon as they street in Korea. Where as you have to wait 1-2 weeks for the online sites in the states to get them.

I'll pass on him and his prices. He's starting to piss a lot of people off by posting his Ebay Store ads all over the place. :(

<b>Kahuna</b> UN - :cool: