DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   International DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk-12/)
-   -   Mamoru Oshii AVALON (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk/157529-mamoru-oshii-avalon.html)

Dan has been and gone 11-09-01 10:18 AM

Mamoru Oshii AVALON

Do anyone know which E-Shop sell this DVD?

Thanks

RichardW 11-09-01 10:57 AM

CD Japan

I've ordered from them a few times and have been very happy with their service.

Dan has been and gone 11-09-01 01:55 PM

Any place I can get it cheaper then CD Japan? They are overprice.

Thanks

axolotls return 11-09-01 02:06 PM

I asked this same question last month. Search this forum under my ID... Some listed an anime place that was a little bit cheaper.

raithen 11-09-01 02:44 PM

I picked up the box set and the making of DVD Gate To Avalon from www.amotokyo.com.

Great service, fast delivery and some decent prices.

Cheers,

-matt

Dan has been and gone 11-09-01 02:57 PM

Unfortunately, the DVD is still overprices. I don’t think it is worth the money to pay $45 (normal) or $123 (box) for a 106 min film. Know wonder Japan is still in a 10+ recession. With price like these, you got to be rich to buy them. It still amazes me that they are the number two economy in the world. I doubt they will last long in a global economy.

Anymore places or do I have to wait until it becomes R1?

MiK 11-09-01 04:11 PM

Originally posted by Dan
With price like these, you got to be rich to buy them. It still amazes me that they are the number two economy in the world. I doubt they will last long in a global economy.

Anymore places or do I have to wait until it becomes R1?

It's the strong Yen. I bought a Yu'z CD from Kinokuniya the other day and it rang up $35. A DVD in Japan typically sells for around US$ 50. No way to get around it except to wait for a cheaper HK or Korean made Region 3 or 0 DVD (around 10~15 $USD)

Or wait until the eventual Miramax DVD, after they release it theatrically sometime in 2002.

Dan has been and gone 11-09-01 08:07 PM

Where can I get the cheaper HK or Korean R3 disk?

Thanks.

GoodbyeMrCool 11-09-01 11:16 PM

Originally posted by Dan
Where can I get the cheaper HK or Korean R3 disk?

Thanks.

Try here - <i>removed link</i> I got my copy for $17.99 not bad either it was 16x9.

axolotls return 11-09-01 11:58 PM

I refuse to buy the HK or the bootlegs. I really want the original 5.1 mix audio. So, I can wait till I come into so much $$$ that it wouldn't be an object. I guess I'll be waiting quite a while though.

Dan has been and gone 11-10-01 12:13 AM

I just bought it from the site you just recommend to me GoodbyeMrCool.

Thanks dude.

nekobus 11-10-01 12:53 AM

Originally posted by Dan
I just bought it from the site you just recommend to me GoodbyeMrCool.

DVDs are more expensive in Japan than in the States. That's why they cost more.

Please don't support bootlegs. You could have bought the REAL thing for $35 from tokyopop's bargain bin. You would have gotten much better quality and sound AND supported the original artists.

GeoffK 11-10-01 01:30 AM

The only release of Mamoru Oshii AVALON that isn't a boot is the Japanese.

Please do not link to Bootlegs from DVD Talk.