Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Attn Clash fans: Rude Boy and Westway to the World on DVD in UK (R2)

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 10-31-01, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 130 Likes on 101 Posts

If you're old enough to remember The Clash this is welcome news.

"Rude Boy" is available now for about 12. This is the uncut British version of the movie. (Some scenes of British politics were cut from the American theatrical and VHS releases.) Extras include live performances of "American Civil War" and "White Riot".

"Westway to the World" will be released Nov. 19 and will be a new director's cut of this documentary of the group. The list price is 19.99.
Old 10-31-01, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dang it, can't play that on my R1 player.

I seem to remember that they had a VHS release of their videos a while back called "This is Video Clash"---I'd be happy to see that on DVD, too.

Any fans should check out Joe Strummer, who's currently on tour in the US. I didn't see him this time around, but I saw him in '99---great new stuff, and about half the show was Clash tunes!
Old 11-01-01, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Ky-Fi
Dang it, can't play that on my R1 player.

I seem to remember that they had a VHS release of their videos a while back called "This is Video Clash"---I'd be happy to see that on DVD, too.

Any fans should check out Joe Strummer, who's currently on tour in the US. I didn't see him this time around, but I saw him in '99---great new stuff, and about half the show was Clash tunes!
Well, I am off to order these in a moment - having a multi-region capable player means I can play all of these little gems regardless of the region in which they appear .

I haven't seen Joe Strummer in any of his newer incarnations, but I was lucky enough to see him in his original pre-Clash band The 101ers (in London 1975 at a pub venue known as the Nashville Room), and then later with The Clash in 1980 at the Capitol Theatre in Sydney on their Magnificent Seven tour... still one of the best live rock concerts I have attended.

regards, Tim...