Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Where can I buy Korean DVDs of American movies?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Where can I buy Korean DVDs of American movies?

Old 10-02-01, 12:21 PM
  #1  
Guest
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: USA - Bush: Selected, not elected
Posts: 12,212
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where can I buy Korean DVDs of American movies?

I heard that the Korean DVD of Hard Rain is anamorphic and includes a DTS soundtrack. What stores sell these DVDs? There's bound to be others I'd want as well.
Old 10-02-01, 12:58 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 465
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's also a Korean version of Heat. It comes as a 2 disc special edition with a DTS soundtrack. Produced by Spectrum. I think.
Old 10-02-01, 01:34 PM
  #3  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 62
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's a regular and SE of Hard Rain available in Korea from Spectrum. The regular one is fullscreen only while the SE is anamorphic with DTS & DD 5.1 soundtracks. Also, it is region-3 with english, korean, japanese and spanish subs. And 32 minutes of bonus features.

As far as I know, there are no stores that will ship to the US.

Other special editions available in Korea include:

Heat - same features as R1 but with a second disc that includes a DTS soundtrack instead of DD
Whiteout - 13 deleted scenes, making-of, 8 tv spots, 4 trailers, interview, no english subs
L'amant (The Lover) - slightly cut, anamorphic, 52 minute making-of featurette
Beautiful Girls - anamorphic, DD 5.1
Speed - anamorphic
Braveheart - 2 DVD's (seems to have the same features though)
Broken Arrow - anamorphic
Ever After - anamorphic
Rapid Fire - anamorphic
Romeo & Juliet - anamorphic
True Lies - anamorphic
Old 10-02-01, 05:57 PM
  #4  
Guest
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: USA - Bush: Selected, not elected
Posts: 12,212
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Tristran
As far as I know, there are no stores that will ship to the US.



...and you mentioned so many others that interest me.
Old 10-03-01, 08:46 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Iowa
Posts: 524
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's got to be someplace that will ship to the US, hasn't there?
Old 10-04-01, 11:12 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 324
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can probably special-order these titles. Please email me directly if you're serious.
Old 10-15-01, 04:44 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: SP, Colorado
Posts: 5,344
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just received my Heat today, and be warned that the second disc, which has the DTS soundtrack, is only 1.85:1 instead of 2.35:1, so there is some evident panning involved . Why would they have made the DTS disc the incorrect aspect ratio?
Old 10-15-01, 07:36 PM
  #8  
Guest
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: USA - Bush: Selected, not elected
Posts: 12,212
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by cartman
I just received my Heat today, and be warned that the second disc, which has the DTS soundtrack, is only 1.85:1 instead of 2.35:1, so there is some evident panning involved . Why would they have made the DTS disc the incorrect aspect ratio?
Crap, I ordered that title. That really, really sucks!
Old 10-15-01, 07:52 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 769
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, where did you order these titles from? I noticed that no online store was mentioned in this thread, and I would like to order the Korean 2 DVD release of Bichunmoo - preferably from a Korean site as it may work out a little cheaper than ordering from places like YesAsia considering I am located in Australia.

regards, Tim...
Old 10-15-01, 08:08 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: SP, Colorado
Posts: 5,344
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by hardtack
If you don't mind me asking, where did you order these titles from? I noticed that no online store was mentioned in this thread, and I would like to order the Korean 2 DVD release of Bichunmoo - preferably from a Korean site as it may work out a little cheaper than ordering from places like YesAsia considering I am located in Australia.

regards, Tim...
Perhaps you missed this quote a few above your post :

Originally posted by HKFlix
I can probably special-order these titles. Please email me directly if you're serious.
Old 10-15-01, 08:10 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: SP, Colorado
Posts: 5,344
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by codefree


Crap, I ordered that title. That really, really sucks!
Yup! Also, stupid me ordered Hard Rain as well... I was thinking of BLACK Rain with Michael Douglas... D'oh! Oh well, at least it sounds really good!
Old 10-15-01, 08:46 PM
  #12  
Guest
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: USA - Bush: Selected, not elected
Posts: 12,212
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by cartman


Yup! Also, stupid me ordered Hard Rain as well... I was thinking of BLACK Rain with Michael Douglas... D'oh! Oh well, at least it sounds really good!
So you received Hard Rain today, it's in the OAR? That's the other title on my first order with HKFlix.
Old 10-15-01, 08:47 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 769
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by cartman


Perhaps you missed this quote a few above your post :

Thanks
Old 10-15-01, 09:22 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: SP, Colorado
Posts: 5,344
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by codefree


So you received Hard Rain today, it's in the OAR? That's the other title on my first order with HKFlix.
Yuppers!
Old 10-16-01, 12:45 AM
  #15  
mdX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Cover town, USA
Posts: 499
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Tristran
Other special editions available in Korea include:

....
True Lies - anamorphic
anyone know how the transfer/sound on this disc compare to the R1 release? TIA

-Matt
Old 10-16-01, 01:34 AM
  #16  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
cartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: SP, Colorado
Posts: 5,344
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mdX


anyone know how the transfer/sound on this disc compare to the R1 release? TIA

-Matt
There's a R1 SE of True Lies in the works. Just a heads up if you were wanting something better than what's out now.
Old 10-16-01, 01:37 AM
  #17  
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
u mean korean language ?
Old 10-16-01, 10:00 AM
  #18  
mdX
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Cover town, USA
Posts: 499
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by cartman


There's a R1 SE of True Lies in the works. Just a heads up if you were wanting something better than what's out now.
Thanks, I'm well aware that Fox will be releasing a 5-star edition of True Lies sometime in 2002. My guess is not until Q3 though, and I'm impatient

-Matt

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.