Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Looking for Berserk on DVD

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 09-25-01, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello,
I'm looking for a anime series that has been released on dvd in a 3 dvd box set. It's called berserk, it's region free but I believe that it was only available in japan. Does anyone know of any sites that sell import anime dvds? I appreciate it. thanks
Old 09-25-01, 09:30 PM

There was a version of it on EBAY but I am pretty sure it was a bootleg and we aren't supposed to talk about those here...
Old 09-25-01, 09:50 PM
Cool New Member

if you're talking about the region2 box-set, I b'lieve it's out of print already. unlikely amazon or cdjapan will have it now.

media blasters licensed it for region1, but I don't recall that they had any solid release date...their website appears down, bad sign?

whois sez their domain is good til next november, and has contact info if you feel like contacting them to ask...
Old 09-25-01, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,019 Likes on 810 Posts
BAD! The Berserk Japanese set is R2, out of print, and 8 DVDs - the 3 DVD Version, R0, English Subbed is a BOOTLEG (yes, this is many times confirmed.) - STEER CLEAR OF THIS. The US Releases start in about 6 months, buy those.

-Rich
Old 09-26-01, 12:53 AM

Berserk

As noted, the 3 disc R0 release is a bootleg. Pretty easy to tell as well, it's taken from the Japanese LD release (you get to see the LD flip sides ) and the english subtitles are taken from a fansub script.

The Japanese R2 boxset is indeed OOP, but some Japanese etailers occasionally get stock on this one, with Animaxis being one that does get it in from time to time.

As mentioned the US releases are forthcoming after a huge licensing fee was paid out for the rights. They'll likely be the ones to look for if you're patient enough.
Old 09-26-01, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

thanks for the info guys! 6 months or so uh? i suppose i can wait.
thanks again

A moderator adds: asked and (comprehensively) answered. Belatedly closing thread.

Last edited by benedict; 10-06-01 at 11:13 AM.