Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Ordering Movies from HK

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Ordering Movies from HK

Old 09-21-01, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordering Movies from HK

This is for anyone who has ordered movies from HK.

I want to order some movies from HK, but I'm not sure is it save to give your credit card number overseas. What is a preferred method of payment?

Thanks

Last edited by JD2000; 09-21-01 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-21-01, 06:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know for a fact DDDHouse is a safe place. Good customer service as well. I've placed about 5 orders with them and all were handled well. I think Hivizone and Dvd Shelf are supposed to pretty reputable as well.
Old 09-22-01, 09:10 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the Forum, JD2000.

Most of my internet purchases have been CDs and the majority of those have been from the United States.

My credit-card has never been overcharged and on a couple of occasions when goods did not arrive they were replaced very quickly by the merchant even though they were probably lost my side of the Atlantic.

I can understand why ordering from an unfamilar country/etailer may be daunting but would say that it is probably more important to determine what people have to say about the etailer's reliability rather than focus on the country itself. (Unless there are regional postal "issues!)

I have heard that some credit cards will give you an online guarantee so long as you adhere to certain principles and there are some which give a unique reference for each order to prevent the repeated use of your card. One rule of thumb is to look for the https:// part of the URL which provides at least an element of security.

<small>FWIW the main etailer that I recall hitting the headlines for insecure storage of credit card details was CDUniverse, in the U.S.of A!</small>
Old 09-22-01, 03:56 PM

HK orders: The Big Issue!

I've ordered from DDDHouse and HiviZone. The only issue has been seeing how inexpensive the DVDs are and ordering more than I would've at USA prices.
I don't know this for sure, but if a reputable place of business assures security it seems that it's pretty much as solid across the Pacific as it is on this side.
Hold your breath. Send in your order. Wait for what seems forever, then enjoy your stuff.
Joel
Old 09-22-01, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DDDHouse is probably the best etailer I've ever done business. It's not their fault that the DVDs will take a little longer to get here. You will not find customer service or care like that of DDDHouse in any of these big etailers like amazon.com or buy.com. I trust DDDHouse more than I trust amazon.com, buy.com or any other etailer stateside.
Old 09-23-01, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Express service is the way to go for HK orders IMO, whether it be by UPS International, which is what DDDHouse and DVDShelf uses, or by Speedpost which is what Hivizone uses. I can get orders from HK in two working days from ship date. That's faster than Suncoast or Amazon. For a 20 DVD shipment from DDDHouse that's basically a $8US difference, a small price to pay for quick and reliable service plus peace of mind. (You may think that 20 DVDs for example is a lot but it's easy to find 20 DVDs to buy especially when there are so many decent ones for $5US.)

I concur with the others, DDDHouse has the best customer service of any etailer I've ever dealt with.
Old 09-24-01, 05:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
How can you get Express service at DDDHouse? Wish I would've know this before my order got sent... now I have to wait forever. I just ordered 46 DVDs from DDDHouse... my 5th or 6th order and my largest. Ordering from HK is plenty safe, dude.