Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Dellamorte Dellamore /aka Cemetery Man available on DVD?? If so where?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-01, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts

Hey anyone know if this is available on DVD? I tried Black Star but all they had listed was a VHS. Is this movie on DVD? If so what regions and where can it be ordered. Thanks in advance!!
Old 07-27-01, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are 2 DVDs for Dellamorte Dellamore. There's an R2 Spanish PAL DVD and an all region German PAL DVD.

The Spanish DVD goes under the name Mi Novia es un Zombie and it has the better picture quality of the 2 but there's a slight audio synch problem for the first 15 minutes or so.

The German Red Edition fares better sound-wise but, at least on my Apex, hasa weird brightness shifting problem with the backgrounds. Not a bad picture overall but a little annoying.

You can get the Spanish DVD from DVDGo in Spain here: http://www.dvdgo.com/cgi-bin/DVDGO.f...products/21001

And the German version is available from Sazuma but I would highly recommend against buying from them since it took me 3 months and the threat of contacting the CA Chamber of Commerce and the BBB to get them to ship the DVD.

You can probably get either one from Diabolik DVD in NJ which is certainly a better choice for the German version than Sazuma: www.diabolikdvd.com
Old 08-01-01, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts
Are they widescreen??? The site lists them as so but that may or may not be true. Been burned on that before.

Thanks
Old 08-01-01, 10:37 PM

Both DVDs are widescreen so you have nothing to fear.
Old 08-02-01, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...ahh...

...the DVDGo site says the disc is 4:3...

...the other Spanish site (the one I use) also says 4:3...

...the Swiss site I (sometimes) use says the 'Red Edition' is 4:3 and has been delayed (from July 22 to ...?...)...

...the IMDb says 1.66:1...

http://us.imdb.com/Technical?0109592

. . .

Last edited by Hendrik; 08-02-01 at 01:55 AM.
Old 08-02-01, 09:39 AM

Originally posted by Hendrik
...ahh...

...the DVDGo site says the disc is 4:3...

...the other Spanish site (the one I use) also says 4:3...

...the Swiss site I (sometimes) use says the 'Red Edition' is 4:3 and has been delayed (from July 22 to ...?...)...
Shows you how trustworthy some of these sites are. I have both DVDs and I assure you that they're both widescreen despite what some mailorder sites might say. Another example of how inaccurate some sites are is that DVDGO lists a commentary for the Spanish DD DVD but there is no commentary on the disc.
Old 08-02-01, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...why do you have both DVDs - I would have thought they are exactly the same, except for the addition of subtitles and/or a non-original dubbed soundtrack?

Is one DVD 'better' than the other? ...inquiring minds want - nay, need to know...

Also, it can be argued that 4:3 is indeed accurate insofar as (in Europe, generally) this indicates 'letterbox' (as opposed to anamorphic, which would be shown as 16:9).

Oh, and entirely BTW, I have not found this title on either of the two German sites I occasionally order from (DVD-Mann and DVD-Station) ... this would indicate that - under the truly draconian German rules in force - the movie is strictly 'For Adults Only' in that country, and therefore can be neither advertised nor sold over the Internet, unless the buyer provides irrefutable proof (passport, tax forms, birth certificate, blood test, marriage certificate, etc.) that (s)he is, indeed, an adult...

. . . . . .
Old 08-02-01, 10:41 AM

Originally posted by Hendrik
...why do you have both DVDs - I would have thought they are exactly the same, except for the addition of subtitles and/or a non-original dubbed soundtrack?

Is one DVD 'better' than the other? ...inquiring minds want - nay, need to know...
That's a long and sordid tale that I'll relate to you here...

Back in March I ordered the German DD DVD from Sazuma. I got the order confirmation and filed it away. A month later I realized that I hadn't received it yet so I e-mailed them and they said that it would ship next week. Jump ahead to May and I still hadn't received the DVD (nor been charged). I e-mailed them again and they said that there were customs problems and the DVD would definitely arrive next week.

Now we're into June and I've finally given up on ever receiving the DVD from them so I e-mail my local importer (www.diabolikdvd.com) and he has the Spanish version but no German version. He lets me know that it's good quality so I order it (he was right). At this point I decide to e-mail Sazuma again inquiring about the order because I figure that I get the German DVD, compare them and then put one on eBay. They e-mail me again that I'll have the DVD.

At this point they charge me and a few weeks go by. I finally e-mail them saying that I'm tired of being lied to and they are to refund me immediately otherwise I'll contact the BBB and the CA Chamber of Commerce the next day. Suddenly I get an e-mail that the DVD had already shipped and they'd refund me if I want after I return it. Two days later I receive the DVD and the package is post-dated to the day that I threatened them meaning that they got my e-mail and quickly mailed it instead of refunding me.

So, instead of dealing with the hassle of mailing it back to them and pray that they credit me, I decided to just bite the bullet and hold onto it. So that's the tale of 2 DVDs and I love the movie so I figured I'd just keep them both.

Moral of this story: NEVER BUY FROM SAZUMA!!!!!

Also, it can be argued that 4:3 is indeed accurate insofar as (in Europe, generally) this indicates 'letterbox' (as opposed to anamorphic, which would be shown as 16:9).
Didn't know that. Thanks!

Oh, and entirely BTW, I have not found this title on either of the two German sites I occasionally order from (DVD-Mann and DVD-Station) ... this would indicate that - under the truly draconian German rules in force - the movie is strictly 'For Adults Only' in that country, and therefore can be neither advertised nor sold over the Internet, unless the buyer provides irrefutable proof (passport, tax forms, birth certificate, blood test, marriage certificate, etc.) that (s)he is, indeed, an adult...
The company I got my Spanish DVD from (www.diabolikdvd.com) now has both so you can get it from them. They're in South Jersey and very reliable.

Cheers!
Old 08-02-01, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...thanks for the reply!

BTW, I know about the infamous S@zum@ - ordered from them once, a couple of years ago, waited some three months, finally got the DVD which, I found out shortly after, I could have ordered for less from express.com... and that was it... plenty of other suppliers to choose from...

. . . . . .
Old 08-02-01, 12:39 PM

This was my second and final chance for Sazuma. I had ordered the Leon Integral Version from them a while back and had only a slightly better experience. Never again though.
Old 09-11-01, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just wanted to resurrect this to ask if anyone has tried the German DVD on any other player besides the Apex, specifically the Malata.
Old 09-11-01, 04:56 PM

I've, since my last post, ditched my Apex and bought a Malata. The German Dellamorte Dellamore looks significantly better on the Malata than the Apex. Enough so that I sold my Spanish DVD.
Old 09-11-01, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks a lot for the update. It looks like diabolik only has the Spanish version, so I'll have to look around (amazon.de?).
Old 09-12-01, 07:14 AM

They have the German version at http://www.sexgoremutants.f9.co.uk/shop.html
Old 09-13-01, 10:28 PM

I live in Massachusetts and there's a great lil shop near where I work that I just got Dellamorte Dellamore from, the German version. They got a batch of about 12, minus mine

Go to http://www.laserexchange.com/

They literally just got the discs though, so they're not on the site yet (least that I could find), but you could email to see if they have any left.

Hope that helps.