Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Just saw Legend of Zu

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Just saw Legend of Zu

Old 09-12-01, 08:08 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just saw Legend of Zu

Well this movie was pretty good overall, a bit different than I was expecting but still enjoyable to watch. Let me first say that the girl in Crouching Tiger HIdden Dragon, Zhang ZIYI, plays a role in this movie but she's not one of the lead actors and had limited scenes with her. In fact, I don't even know what happened to her at the end of the movie. Cecilia Cheung was cute in ths film, as always. Next, this is a hk 'fantasy' type movie so if you're expecting a kung fu type movie you'll be in for a surprise. The subtitles on this one is really bad, very hard to read, it was small it went too fast. Now for the movie, well I couldn't fully understand it yet because I've only watched it once and the beginning was confusing especially with the hard to read subtitles. But the overall theme of the movie is that an evil god called 'Insomnia' is on a mission to destroy the good gods. There's a guy called 'King Sky' and his friend 'Red'. They are supposed to be 2 powerful good guys who try to stop Insomnia. Well typical to movies like this (good vs evil), the movie progresses with its subplots and there's a final battle at the end between. The special effects were good in this movie, not as good as like in 'Shaolin Soccer' but very nice. Though this film might seem a bit outdated, it's still fun to watch. I'd give it 8.8/10
Old 09-13-01, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i'm looking forward to this movie. sounds excellent.
Old 09-16-01, 02:46 PM

does ekin cheng actually break his motionless face? hes a man of no emotion it seems to me, only a few outbreaks in the y&d series