Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Buffy Season 2 Issues

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Buffy Season 2 Issues

Old 09-05-01, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buffy Season 2 Issues

Just a question for anyone who's picked up the season 2 box set and had issues with the playback.

I have a Sampo region free player and the 1st disc, only the 1st two episodes (annoying beyond words) is pretty farked up.

Whenever there's a lot of action happening there are scraggly outlines and fuzzy trails on the edges of people and objects. Is this because of the player's transfer from PAL to NTSC or the not too great packaging of the DVD's. The box set looks nifty but its very tight on the discs themselves.

I's appreciate any info, I'm trying to gather as much as possible while the place I bought it from does the same, thanks in advance
Old 09-05-01, 08:16 PM

I own a Pioneer regionfree player and own the R4 Buffy Season 2 set (which is identical to the R2 version ASAIK) and I have noticed absolutely no problems with them. My best guess is that the problem lies with the Sampo's PAL-->NTSC conversion.
Old 09-06-01, 12:52 AM

Thankee for the reply.

The only question I have is why would it only be the 1st disc and only the 1st 2 epsiodes on that disc?

I've checked through the other 5 discs and they're A-ok...it's damned odd.

I've got other region 2 PAL discs as well that play fine...
Old 09-06-01, 02:37 AM

I have the R4 release. I have played the first two disks without problems. I am using an Apex 503A.
Old 09-06-01, 12:31 PM

The transfer of the first 2 episodes is really, annoyingly bad but the problem has nothing to do with the PAL->NTSC conversion. For some reason, they messed up while transfering these episodes to DVD.

If the same master (as the rumor is) will be used for R1 DVD-s these episodes will not look any better in NTSC. So the player has nothing to do with the problem. There's nothing you can do about it