Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me: UK or wait for R1?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-01, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm...this is a very good prediciment...I recieved my weekly email from blackstar about preorders and to my very surprise, TWPFWM is listed for Sept. 17.

The Question:

Should one wait for a supposed, possible SE from New Line, or go with this version? And what really constitutes a special edition with Lynch? What does everyone think?

here is the link to blackstar

http://blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000065018

Last edited by lostatmidnight; 08-29-01 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-30-01, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

One of my favorite Lynch sites:

http://www.mikedunn.com/lynch/

talks about the upcoming US dvd here:

http://davidlynch.topcities.com/dvds.html

New Line will release the region 1 disc this year (2001). The disc will contain: (specs subject to change)
A new enhanced 16x9 Anamorphic transfer - personally approved by David Lynch
A new 5.1 remix of the audio which was remixed at David Lynch's home studio
A new 30 minute documentary featuring some of the key players of the movie, (as well as cast members that were cut out of the movie) produced by Mark Rance also approved by David Lynch
A new graphical user interface (menu) designed by David Lynch and New Line
The original theatrical trailer
The aspect ratio for the disc is 1.85:1
New Line is still trying to negotiate the rights to the extra scenes (including ones not found in the script), owned by a French company. Both New Line and David Lynch do not want to release the DVD without Deleted Scenes. David Lynch feels that this is to be his final "gift" to the loyal Twin Peaks Fans. New Line's current position is that they do NOT want to release the Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me DVD without deleted scenes until every possible option has been explored. They are committed to making this upcoming DVD, THE definitive Fire Walk With Me DVD, and have been working very closely with David Lynch to ensure that the DVD will surpass all expectations of the fans. (thanks to Brian Kursar for the above information)
New Line has this to say about the DVD at the hometheaterforum chat on June 14: "New Line is working very closely with David Lynch to insure that his personality is represented in the DVD of Fire Walk With Me. Mr. Lynch has personally approved a new 16x9 transfer of the feature and new 5.1 remix of the audio. he has also been instrumental in setting up contact with many of the films key players who will be included in a documentary on the DVD...The deleted scene situation is unclear at this point, but we are working closely with David Lynch to ensure the DVD is packed with extras."
There's a brief clip from FWWM on their Dark City DVD, and the trailer for FWWM is available on their Hidden and Mother Night DVDs.
but only had this to say about the upcoming UK disc (I guess they haven't seen it yet):

UK (region 2 PAL): Second Sight will release Fire Walk With Me on DVD on September 17th. The disc will be 16x9 anamorphic widescreen. Retail price is £15.99.
Old 08-30-01, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey, thanks about the info...I hadn't gone to Mike Dunn's site in probably about a year or so. Hopefully everything works about the R1 edition.