Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Hong Kong Sequels and Remakes You'd Love to See

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-01, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the recent hype for the upcoming Legend of Zu, Storm Riders II and A Man Called Hero Trilogy, I thought this would be an interesting subject. If you were granted powers to be Mr. Big of Hong Kong Cinema and was able to make a sequel or remake of any movie, which would it be and who would the cast be?

My top three candidates are:

Game of Death 2002: Starring Jet Li. Villains in the Tower of Death would include Vincent Chiu, Donnie Yen, and Dennis Rodman.

The Kung Fu Cult Master II: Enough said - just finish the darn movie.

Pulp Fiction: Starring Ekin Cheng as Vincent Vega, Anthony Wong as Jules Winnfield. I'd be hilarious to see Ekin Cheng say "Royale With Cheese."

Any other favorites?
Old 08-07-01, 01:07 AM
Banned

i read somewhere that john woo's the killer is going to be remade starring benicio del toro and michael douglas. dont know how true this is though
Old 08-07-01, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Hong Kong Sequels and Remakes You'd Love to See

Originally posted by TekTicker

Game of Death 2002: Starring Jet Li. Villains in the Tower of Death would include Vincent Chiu, Donnie Yen, and Dennis Rodman.
That actually sounds like a cool movie! You may as well throw in Zhao Wen Zhou and the Story of Ricky guy in there as well.

Donnie Yen wants to do a remake of one of Bruce's movies. Fist of Fury, I think?
Old 08-07-01, 02:14 AM

Re: Re: Hong Kong Sequels and Remakes You'd Love to See

Originally posted by ipkevin

That actually sounds like a cool movie! You may as well throw in Zhao Wen Zhou and the Story of Ricky guy in there as well.

Donnie Yen wants to do a remake of one of Bruce's movies. Fist of Fury, I think?
Zhao Wen Zhou is Vincent Chiu's Mandarin name. I'd love to see the two of them fight again.

Donnie Yen made the "Fist of Fury" television mini-series (which was pretty good) and ran for about 20+ episodes. I don't know why he's doing it again for the Hollywood remake. It's still good seeing Donnie Yen in action.