Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

"A Man Called Hero" any good ?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

"A Man Called Hero" any good ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-01, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read it was done by the same people behind The Storm Riders. I was wondering is it worth picking up.
Old 06-27-01, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Thrush
I read it was done by the same people behind The Storm Riders. I was wondering is it worth picking up.
YES I thought it was very good. I saw that before "Storm Riders", and liked Ekin's role better in "A Man Called Hero" Great fight scenes and sweet visuals.

I say, if you liked "Storm Riders" you will like this flick.
Old 06-27-01, 10:40 AM

Man Called Hero started off great. Some awesome scenery and seemed to set up a good story. However it never materialized into a good movie (IMO). The fight scenes are similar to those in Stormriders with lots of CGI. However, they were much too brief and the final fight was really lame (both the fight and CGI SPX). Plus they totally wasting having Yuen Biao in the cast. Overall I wouldn't buy this with high expectations. Mine hasn't been in my player since its initial viewing.
Old 06-27-01, 11:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Overall I agree w/ JHosk. Some of the effects looked really good (esp the fight at the water temple and the fight in the alley). However, the fights were too short and relied a little too much on CG IMHO. The last fight was just a joke though...
Old 06-27-01, 05:03 PM

Must agree with the others who have commented with regards to the story never really developing enough - although, in the film's defence, I unerstand that there have been a few cuts made to the film including a rather large one which resulted in the removal of a whole scene involving the KKK... so this may have somewhat affected continuity.

One thing though... this DVD has some of the best use of DD5.1 surround I have heard in a long time.

regards, Tim...
Old 07-01-01, 04:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I thought it kinda sucked. I was pretty disappointed by it. Despite being warned against it - I got it anyway. I'd rent this one if you must. The disc is loaded though and I was impressed with the DVD - just not the film itself.
Old 07-01-01, 06:24 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it had some problems, but despite that, i thought it was a good movie.
Old 05-12-02, 08:25 PM
bbq
Cool New Member

http://www.bulletsnbabesdvds.com/com...rder=0&thold=0

Did anyone see the Chinastar version? How good is the anamorphic version? Thank you.
Old 05-12-02, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by bbq
http://www.bulletsnbabesdvds.com/com...rder=0&thold=0

Did anyone see the Chinastar version? How good is the anamorphic version? Thank you.
I haven't seen the ChinaStar version, but I must comment here to say welcome to the forum and commend you for having the forum manners to do a search - especially impressive is that you found this thread that was almost a year old. I think I had the Universe version and it was pretty decent.