Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Half Price R2 Martial Arts (HKL)

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Half Price R2 Martial Arts (HKL)

Old 06-26-01, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Hong Kong Legends remastered versions of

DRUKEN MASTER
SNAKE IN EAGLES SHADOW
MAGNIFICENT WARRIORS
BATTLE CREEK CRAWL
CITY HUNTER
BIG BOSS SPECIAL EDITION
ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA
EASTERN CONDORS
FIST OF FURY
MIRACLES
POSTMAN FIGHTS BACK
WAY OF THE DRAGON
ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA 2
MAGNIFICENT BUTCHER
ISLAND OF FIRE
BLACKSHEEP AFFAIR
LEGEND OF A FIGHTER
NEW DRAGON GATE INN
IRON MONKEY

9.99(GBP) each at http://www.under18.org.uk
Free postage in Europe as well
Old 06-26-01, 10:49 PM

You are my new best friend!!!

Thanks so much for posting this. I love the HKL series and already own at least a dozen of them. I just placed an order for 5 more HKL titles at that the awesome low price of $70 U.S.

Way cool post!
Old 06-26-01, 10:57 PM
Cool New Member

I just made an order for 5 discs
And the shipping was FREE to AUSTRALIA!

Hopefully they keep thinking it's part of Europe and keep my free shipping!

I bought:
The Big Boss
Fist of Fury
Way of The Dragon
One Upon A Time in China 1 and 2
Old 06-27-01, 11:44 AM

I thank you for the information, my credit card does not

Man I've got to stop reading these HKL threads....

Ian
Old 06-27-01, 01:54 PM

Originally posted by Nafe
I just made an order for 5 discs
And the shipping was FREE to AUSTRALIA!

Hopefully they keep thinking it's part of Europe and keep my free shipping!
I asked them about their shipping prices since when I checked out it also said $0.00 for shipping. They replied and said the charge is 2 British Pounds per item and they'll ship each item separately as it becomes available. So basically this deal is still a good one as it's 1 British Pound cheaper than the recent 12.99 sale Bensonsworld had on a handful of HKL titles. Their deal included shipping in the price.
Old 06-28-01, 12:34 AM
Cool New Member

Well, unless they ask me about the extra shipping costs, I won't be paying. There was nothing to say they would revise shipping costs at a later date.
I will pay it if they notify me nicely though
Old 06-29-01, 08:20 PM

Well, I had waffled back and forth for a couple of days, because at the moment I don't have much extra spending money for this sort of thing. I ordered today, and it looks like I waited one day too long because "Once Upon A Time In China 2" had gone up one pound from 9.99 to 10.99. Not a big increase so I ordered it anyway. I also ordered "Magnificent Warriors" and "Miracles."

I know that I've said in the past that I wouldn't bother with PAL R2 releases because it's too much trouble. It began to dawn on me after a while, however, that it's very unlikely that Media Asia will ever allow for a nice version of any of their films to be released in NTSC.

I guess I'll wait and see what if the shipping is indeed 2 pounds or whether it ends up being more.
Old 06-29-01, 08:39 PM

Originally posted by magnetichuman
I guess I'll wait and see what if the shipping is indeed 2 pounds or whether it ends up being more.
Well they shipped 2 of the titles I ordered already and the email I got mentions nothing about the shipping cost. Total was simply $19.98 so I'm not sure if they charged me or not yet. I should know early next week.
Old 06-29-01, 08:41 PM

Originally posted by bboy
DRUKEN MASTER
SNAKE IN EAGLES SHADOW
MAGNIFICENT WARRIORS
BATTLE CREEK CRAWL
CITY HUNTER
BIG BOSS SPECIAL EDITION
ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA
EASTERN CONDORS
FIST OF FURY
MIRACLES
POSTMAN FIGHTS BACK
WAY OF THE DRAGON
ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA 2
MAGNIFICENT BUTCHER
ISLAND OF FIRE
BLACKSHEEP AFFAIR
LEGEND OF A FIGHTER
NEW DRAGON GATE INN
IRON MONKEY
When everything ships I'll own all but one of these. Saw the preview for Legend of a Fighter but I was not impressed. God I feel like a HKL addict now.
Old 07-04-01, 01:53 PM

Shipping Update!

Well they shipped two of the DVDs from my order and I was not billed shipping afterall, (at least not yet).

I also received this email from them today:

Dear Customer,

If you have ordered any of our Special Offer Martial Arts DVD's, we would like to inform you that there maybe a small delay in your items being dispatched. This is due to the large amount of these DVD orders being processed.

Thank you for your patience and continued custom,

Yours,

under18.org.uk

At 9.99 GBP each, I can't complain.

Old 07-04-01, 08:11 PM
Banned

so nobody had to pay shipping regardless of where you live? i live in the US and it doesnt say anything about any shipping charges...i dont think they can just add them after your order has been placed for a specific price? or maybe they can, because they're evil british people??
i hope not

happy 4th!!
Old 07-05-01, 02:07 AM
Cool New Member

I got the same email about the delay - which doesnt bother me as I'm in Malaysia at the moment, and not back home in Sydney yet. Was kinda hoping they'd be there by the time I fly back for my 2 week visit home....oh well, I have Amazon orders to watch anyway........

Old 07-06-01, 12:27 AM
Cool New Member

Checked my credit card online,and it shows GBP9.99 charge
So they must be shipping one of my DVDs shortly...and no extra shipping charges! I just wish the Australian Dollar didnt suck so much on the exchange rates right now.
Old 07-11-01, 08:00 PM
Banned

what is this crap??

6 days after my order, i finally get this email...

Dear Customer,

Re: Order Number - xxxxxxx

Please contact 0845 345 3715, quoting the above order number, to confirm your payment details, so your order can be sent.

Thank you,

[email protected]
now what is this? i have to make an ungodly long distance call to confirm payment details? this is rediculous. anyone have any idea what the hell this is all about?
Old 07-11-01, 09:04 PM

That is weird.

I just received my third of the seven DVDs I ordered from them today. I hate the cheap envelopes they put the DVDs in cause this is the second one to come off the holder and get scuffed up.
Old 07-11-01, 09:22 PM
Banned

Originally posted by codefree
That is weird.

I just received my third of the seven DVDs I ordered from them today. I hate the cheap envelopes they put the DVDs in cause this is the second one to come off the holder and get scuffed up.
what, you mean the dvd got scuffed??
Old 07-11-01, 11:58 PM
Cool New Member

All of mine got charged to my credit card last week (did nayone else get charged for each individual dvd instead of the entire order?).
I hope the flimsy envelopes survive the ride back to Australia OK.
How long did it take for everyone's orders to come through (and to what country)?
Old 07-12-01, 12:33 AM

Nafe,

So far I have received 2 DVDs, on 10th July. The confirmation e-mails say these were posted on 28th and 29th June.

Both of the DVDs had come adrift in their cases, but it is hard to say whether this was a postal problem due to the envelopes or whether it was Customs/APS inspectors shaking the things loose in over exuberant inspections thanks to Foot and Mouth inspections. Minor scuffing of the DVDs only so I am not too hassled by it.

Ian
Old 07-12-01, 01:16 AM

Originally posted by ian959
Both of the DVDs had come adrift in their cases, but it is hard to say whether this was a postal problem due to the envelopes or whether it was Customs/APS inspectors shaking the things loose in over exuberant inspections thanks to Foot and Mouth inspections. Minor scuffing of the DVDs only so I am not too hassled by it.
It's gotta be the envelopes they use. I've ordered from Bensons World, BlackStar, DVDZone2, DDDHouse, and EzyDVD and I've never gotten a R2/R3/R4 disc that was loose before.
Old 07-12-01, 01:43 AM
Cool New Member

Ian,

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately I'm not in Sydney right now, so I have to check with the folks to see if mine have arrived. I wasnt charged until 5-6 July though, so I'm assuming thats when they shipped. I never received an email to confirm they were being shipped though.....
Old 07-12-01, 11:51 AM

Codefree,

I would normally agree with you except that at the same time I received the two parcels from Under18.org.uk, I got two from Bensonsworld - and both contained DVDs that were loose in their cases.

Go figure - it rarely happens at all and then four parcels at the same time all with the same problem. That is why I am thinking it was the Customs inspections.

Ian
Old 07-12-01, 02:13 PM
Banned

well i found out why they needed to confirm...my cc # was encrypted in their computers when they went to ship, thats pretty retarded. so im making them call me ultra-long distance. and to those of you who are getting loose dvd's, are you all in australia? im in america and im hoping we dont have evil customs people
Old 07-12-01, 06:33 PM

Originally posted by clumsysquirrel
well i found out why they needed to confirm...my cc # was encrypted in their computers when they went to ship, thats pretty retarded. so im making them call me ultra-long distance. and to those of you who are getting loose dvd's, are you all in australia? im in america and im hoping we dont have evil customs people
Yup, I'm in the USA. 2 of 3 DVDs I received so far were loose.