Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Short Cuts DVD (Spanish R2 release)

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Short Cuts DVD (Spanish R2 release)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-01, 09:39 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, I was quite astounded when a Spanish fellow sent me the Spanish R2 release of Short Cuts.
This long yearned for title which had been prepped, cancelled and in the pipeline for quite a while will see a May 17th Spanish release by Lauren Films.

The disc will include a 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer (PAL presentation), a Spanish (Castellano) Dolby Surround 4.0 audio track as well as an English Dolby Surround 2.0. the film will be subtitled with optional non-mandatory English and Spanish subtitles.

Extras wise, the release will feature biographies & filmographies, promotional material and image gallery and a theatrical trailer.

The disc will be single sided, dual layered DVD-9 disc.

After paying a short visit to the disc (only the main feature, not the supplements) I can certainly praise the effort, the image is far superior to the one featured in the US Laser-Disc with solid blacks, rich colours and rather clear of artefacts. The Dolby surround English track, while not boasting of excellence, doubtlessly delivers clean dialogue. A fine release indeed.

Take care,
Omer
Old 05-11-01, 01:27 PM

Cool, now I just have to find an etailer that's taking pre-orders.
Old 05-11-01, 01:49 PM
Cool New Member

Gotdvd,

Ya might want to try DVD Go.com.

Notice you get a far superior price if paying by US$ than any other currency.

I will try to find the time and update with a few more superior and exclusive Spanish DVD releases on the weekend. at the time being ya might want to try Paris, Texas, Four Rooms (anamorphic transfer and packed with extras) and Afterglow as well.

Laters,
Omer
Old 05-11-01, 04:15 PM

Originally posted by Omer
Gotdvd,

Ya might want to try DVD Go.com.

Notice you get a far superior price if paying by US$ than any other currency.
You can choose to see the price in US$, but you will be billed in Euro or Pesetas:-(

From their site: "For the rest of European currencies and $US, exchange rate is illustrative and updated every week"

Another spanish online-shop I've used several times is Mundo Laser