Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Terminator R4 - description of case needed

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

The Terminator R4 - description of case needed

Old 05-04-01, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like the title says, I'd like somebody to describe (or send a photo of) the Australian release of The Terminator. Not the cover art - I know what that looks like, but the spine, the back, the size, etc. Can anybody tell me how similar it is to the R2 case (which is very similar to the R1 Fight Club case)?

I heard that the title is written "upside down" on the spine, so that it starts at the bottom instead of the top. How bad does it look?
Old 05-04-01, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's very similar to the Gladiator region 1 case, but it's clear plastic, and they have printing underneath when the DVD sits in the case. I really love those clear amarays and alphas they get in region 2 and 4. I wish we got them here...

The insert is foil like some of the Fox titles over here (Cleopatra, ID4) and looks very nice. There is a booklet as well.
Old 05-04-01, 06:08 PM

I really don't know about the region 4 case but if you say that region 2 is like the fight club case, then there are many diffrent versions of R2 cases. I own teh BeNeLux release which is exactly like the Gladiator R1 case with the same cover-art as for the UK version. The french version also has a completely different cover-art.
Old 05-04-01, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What does one have to do to include pictures in one's posts?
I will post these, but please tell me how?
Old 05-04-01, 11:55 PM

I have the T1: SE R4 and the packaging looks great in my opinion except for the fact that the title is written the reverse way on the spine. Nothing worth complaining about though. I have not seen the R2 version so I can't really compare them. You can see the front and backcover art by searching for T1 at this site: Oz DVD Warehouse
Old 05-06-01, 05:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by diesteldorf
What does one have to do to include pictures in one's posts?
I will post these, but please tell me how?
HTML code must be used. It works like this:

img src="the address for the image file">

Remember to add < to the beginning of the line.

And luftikus, I should have been more precise. I was talking about the UK version.
Old 05-07-01, 04:07 PM
Cool New Member

The R4 terminator is like the R2 one in cover design, but it is a clear double case. It also, rather strangely has the title on the spine going the 'wrong' way - ie, you'd tilt your head to the left to read it straight, not to the right as you would with my other discs. Anyone know why it's like this?
Old 05-08-01, 06:21 AM

The spine on my Terminator R2 sais The Terminator and goes from top to the bottom...so the "right" way. But I never paid attention to that fact before this discussion because my collection consists of approximately half R2 and half R1 wher now that I gave a closer look...all of the R1 show the title from top to bottom but 90% of the R2 have it the other way around. But it doesn't bother me, but perhaps it would if there was only 1 DVD the other way round.