DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Hot Deals (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals-2/)
-   -   Pizza Hut + Fanatics $19.99 Deal (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals/651690-pizza-hut-fanatics-%2419-99-deal.html)

kenbuzz 11-05-20 09:49 AM

Pizza Hut + Fanatics $19.99 Deal

Pizza Hut: FANATICSBUNDLE
$19.99 for two 2-topping Medium Pizzas, one order breadsticks, one 2L soda... and $50 in free merch at Fanatics.com

Guys - I rarely do this, and considering it's a pizza deal for a crappy national chain (knowing my weight loss journey) it's even a rarer thing. But if this deal is available in your part of the world - like it is here in Indiana - it's worth considering
(a) You must order online or through the Pizza Hut app.
(b) You must be logged-in using your validated email address
(c) $50 Fanatics.com coupon will arrive at your email address within 24h
(d) Offer is apparently NOT available everywhere. Unknown expiration.

I was skeptical when I saw this on Facebook, but went ahead and gave it a shot. I received the $50 code within an hour or ordering. It's not $50 off a minimum order, it's fifty free bucks. The code cannot be stacked with other Fanatics codes, so you won't be able to get free shipping ($7.99), but with everything currently on sale (sale prices DO stack), the deal is solid. With the sale, I was able to get two long sleeve and one short sleeve shirt for under $9 total (shipping and tax included) just a few minutes ago.

Another way of looking at it, I spent $29 for three shirts (worth $78), and they threw in some crappy food. And if you like Pizza Hut, the pizza-pizza-sticks-soda deal seems pretty reasonable on its own.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...5818871e4e.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...b4f227923b.jpg

The Cow 11-05-20 10:01 AM

Re: Pizza Hut + Fanatics $19.99 Deal

Very good deal, I'll be trying it out for dinner tonight. Thanks for posting! :up:

fujishig 11-05-20 10:18 AM

Not honored at my store... :(

fujishig 11-05-20 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by LotusEater79 (Post 13836831)
My local store never honors nationwide deals.

Yeah, mine too. And they add a special "it's expensive running in CA" fee to every order.

Cardsfan111 11-05-20 02:11 PM

Being just down the road from you, I gave it a shot.

On the app/site, if I enter the code first, it immediately prompts me to order the pizzas/breadsticks/drink. Once I go to checkout, there's another option to enter the code. If I do so there, it says it's not good for my store. But the "fandom $19.99 deal" still shows up in the cart and lets me checkout. So we'll see...

Cardsfan111 11-05-20 02:15 PM

And I got the code in an e-mail just a minute after placing my order.

Thanks, Ken!

kenbuzz 11-05-20 02:36 PM

Hey, good to know it's not just me.

So.... if Cardsfan entered the code, it said it wasn't good at his store, but the deal still went through..... folks, is it worth seeing if the checkout total adjusts down to $19.99 with "Fandom Deal" showing in the cart? If it does, worst case, you end up with some pizzas for below menu cost.... best case, you also get $50 worth of sports stuff. :shrug:

The Cow 11-05-20 03:14 PM

Work just fine for me, and the code arrived quickly, thanks again!

https://i.postimg.cc/Y0KqLhYR/pizza.jpg

fujishig 11-05-20 03:47 PM

It seems like Cardsfan entered the code first and it at least added the items/recognized the promo,which mine won't even do. I guess I can try adding all these items individually and try it.

edit: NOPE:

Sorry, this coupon is not honored at this store, but there are still more great deals available.
This also comes out to 53.26 at normal price with a 5.25 delivery fee, the aforementioned CA fee, and tax, before even putting in tip. I don't know who the heck buys these pizzas without some kind of coupon.

kenbuzz 11-05-20 03:56 PM

Sorry.... guess that's CA for ya.

Might it be worth creating a fake account at a fake address in Indianapolis (46077) or Bloomington (47404) to put in a carryout order you'll never pick up? Spending $20 on food hundreds of miles away to get $50 back you can use immediately at Fanatics.com still seems like a smart deal.

No guarantees the code will show up - it's not MY promotion - but it seems that everyone who's been able to successfully submit an order has gotten the promo code nearly immediately.

Obi-Wanma 11-05-20 04:46 PM

No dice in suburban Detroit, but looks like a great deal for those of you who can get it.

BradLV 11-06-20 09:00 AM

Hey from Las Vegas, made an account just to thank the OP for verifying the deal and to come share my success story as well. I obviously have to wait for the code, but seems like it's honored so far, so I don't see myself having any issues.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...b6845f0655.jpg

Cardsfan111 11-06-20 04:06 PM

Welcome, Brad!

I easily found a few things to order from the Fanatics site. Saw some other things of interest. Makes me wonder if the code would work a 2nd time. :)

kenbuzz 11-07-20 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 (Post 13837953)
Welcome, Brad!

I easily found a few things to order from the Fanatics site. Saw some other things of interest. Makes me wonder if the code would work a 2nd time. :)

You could easily make a 2nd Hut account, eh?

Cardsfan111 11-07-20 04:37 PM

Wasn't sure if that was necessary or not. Just entered the code on my phone app and it prompts me to select my 2 pizzas, breadsticks, etc. So it appears as if it could work multiple times.

I didn't read the fine print too closely to see if it was one per account/customer.

Obi-Wanma 11-07-20 05:05 PM

You know, I just placed a fanatics order anyways, and I just realized it would have been cheaper to order pizza from a restaurant outside of my area that I'm never going to pick up, and I could have got some other stuff too.

story 11-07-20 09:07 PM

Code worked for me with an order last night, but I haven't seen the Fanatics email yet, what should I be looking for, please?

The Cow 11-07-20 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by story (Post 13838909)
Code worked for me with an order last night, but I haven't seen the Fanatics email yet, what should I be looking for, please?

The title is "Your Fanatics Coupon: $50 Off" and it has a graphic with the code in the body. It comes from [email protected]

Gmail did flag it as spam for me, so check your spam folder too.

kenbuzz 11-09-20 08:51 AM

^ Hotmail did the same to mine.

Abob Teff 11-21-20 06:10 PM

FYI ... dead now.

story 11-21-20 07:34 PM

Thanks for the help, I found it!

Cardsfan111 11-21-20 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Abob Teff (Post 13846979)
FYI ... dead now.

I never did try the deal a 2nd time.

However, I got notice of $10 fan cash awarded to my account shortly after my initial order. Bought a couple of cheap clearance shirts, using a free shipping code (still was charged a handling fee).

Then yesterday, received an offer from PayPal for a $5 credit from them on a Fanatics purchase. So another clearance shirt for $3.xx shipped.

All in all, a deal that seemed to keep on giving long after the pizza was gone.

Cardsfan111 12-23-20 11:20 AM

Here we go again!

Yesterday, I received $10 fan cash in from Fanatics good through today. Last night a notice from PayPal for a $5 credit for them at Fanatics good for a week. And just now an e-mail which appears to be the same Pizza Hut deal ($50 towards Fanatics with a $19.99 fandom bundle and a link to order). Not sure if all of these will stack together, but I may be picking up pizza for dinner tonight to find out.

The Cow 12-24-20 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 (Post 13862361)
Here we go again!

Yesterday, I received $10 fan cash in from Fanatics good through today. Last night a notice from PayPal for a $5 credit for them at Fanatics good for a week. And just now an e-mail which appears to be the same Pizza Hut deal ($50 towards Fanatics with a $19.99 fandom bundle and a link to order). Not sure if all of these will stack together, but I may be picking up pizza for dinner tonight to find out.

Is there a coupon code like the last deal had?

Cardsfan111 12-24-20 01:40 AM

Got home too late to try this out.

Checking it now to see what happens and I can't get the deal to come up at the moment. If I click the link in the promotional e-mail (which looks nearly the same as the graphic in the OP), it takes me to the Pizza Hut site and a box comes up saying this coupon doesn't work online. I tried on the app using the same code as before and the error message says my store isn't honoring that coupon. The promo e-mail has no code given as I read through the fine print.

I apologize if this might end up being a false alarm. I might try again tomorrow.