DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Hot Deals (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals-2/)
-   -   Movie Theater deals (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals/644556-movie-theater-deals.html)

IDrinkMolson 03-17-20 10:43 AM

Re: Movie Theater deals

I did the same with Bloodshot. Had a free ticket from the 50% off rewards deal and used that. Had to pay $1.50 convenience fee. Did the same on my wife's account since she went to the previous three also.
Check the Regal app out (and I'm sure others), the Now Playing is blank. :(

Cardsfan111 03-17-20 03:14 PM

As soon as I heard Regal was closing last night, I went online and paid 50 cents for a Bloodshot ticket. I didn't want to miss out on the promo.

Trevor 03-18-20 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 13689993)
Wednesday Regal 20 point bonus reminder

Trevor 03-25-20 09:10 AM

Regal app 20 point reminder

clappj 03-27-20 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 13711661)
Regal app 20 point reminder

Speaking of Regal, when I logged into the app this morning I noticed my free small popcorn from a recent promotion is set to expire in 5 days, as well as 7250 of my Regal Credits on April 2nd. Considering they aren't open, I wonder if they'll extend the expiration date for these?

DJariya 03-27-20 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by clappj (Post 13713093)
Speaking of Regal, when I logged into the app this morning I noticed my free small popcorn from a recent promotion is set to expire in 5 days, as well as 7250 of my Regal Credits on April 2nd. Considering they aren't open, I wonder if they'll extend the expiration date for these?

I just got an e-mail from Regal that said any points, credits or rewards that are set to expire during the closure period will be extended when the theatres eventually re-open.

clappj 03-27-20 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 13713208)
I just got an e-mail from Regal that said any points, credits or rewards that are set to expire during the closure period will be extended when the theatres eventually re-open.

Glad to hear it, and thanks for the info!

Abob Teff 04-01-20 04:18 PM

Marcus Theaters is offering Magical Movie Rewards members 5 digital movies (from a select list) for $5 ... available through Thursday. Downloadable to VUDU, Google Play, or FandangoNow. Not a bad deal, but there’s nothing I want (that I don’t have).

Big Sick
Terminator 3
Speed Kills
Patriots Day
Push
Step Up: Revolution
The Duff
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Kick Ass
The Lincoln Lawyer
Mud
Red

It says they will change the list of titles every Tuesday.

Trevor 04-15-20 12:04 PM

Regal app 20 point bonus reminder

ivkovich 04-23-20 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 13367234)
Searched and couldn’t find a similar thread, seems like a thread spotlighting various cinema chain deals could be useful.

Regal is my only real theater within 20 miles, so I’ve been using their Crown Club membership card point system and their app for awhile now. The points add up fast, and the app gives you 20 bonus points every Wednesday just for opening it.

Does the 20 pt bonus apply during the shutdown? Logged into Crown Club app last Wed. but checked this Wed. and not showing yet. Last 20 pt add was mid March.

ivkovich 04-23-20 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 13724208)
Regal app 20 point bonus reminder

Does the 20 pt bonus apply during the shutdown? Logged into Crown Club app last Wed. but checked this Wed. and not showing yet. Last 20 pt add was mid March.

Trevor 04-23-20 09:00 AM

I’ve been getting it every week.

TheBang 04-27-20 04:09 PM

Me too

ivkovich 05-06-20 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by TheBang (Post 13731411)
Me too

App said last login was Thursday, even know I opened app last Wed. night. Maybe why not ever getting 20 pts. Maybe has to be during business hours?

ivkovich 05-06-20 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 13728634)
I’ve been getting it every week.

Logged in before bed Wed. night, but not showing 20 pt. bonus. Maybe only if logged in during business hours?

Cardsfan111 05-06-20 07:39 PM

I'm always logged in on my phone. Everytime I pull up the app on Wednesday and go to the RCC tab the 20 points is immediately reflected.

TheBang 05-07-20 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by ivkovich (Post 13736845)
Logged in before bed Wed. night, but not showing 20 pt. bonus. Maybe only if logged in during business hours?

how late are you going to bed? I think their servers are running on Eastern time, so if you’re opening the app after 9 PM your time, it might be too late. Try opening it on Tues. before bed or earlier in the day on Wed.

Trevor 05-07-20 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by ivkovich (Post 13736845)

You keep saying you’re logging in. My app is always logged in, maybe have to re-enter my password once a year. You are talking about an app on a phone, and not a website, right?

Cardsfan111 09-04-20 03:24 PM

I received a free digital comic for The New Mutants after seeing the film this week at Regal. Anyone interested in the code? Let me know if you are and it's yours. You redeem it through the Marvel site.

TheBang 10-08-21 04:26 AM

Regal has a Click or Treat promotion in their weekly Thursday newsletters this month. Click the link in the newsletter 4 times (10/7-10/28) and get a free small popcorn loaded to your Rewards account in Nov.

Also, you'll get a bonus each week. This week's bonus is just Halloween skins for your Regal App card, but in the past they've had things like 100 bonus points.

Cardsfan111 10-08-21 07:56 AM

Thanks for the reminder! I had seen news of the promo last week but just pulled this week's newsletter from my deleted folder.

Abob Teff 10-09-21 07:47 PM

I’ve been frequenting our local Cinemark and have contemplated switching to Regal since I could get their unlimited plan for $18.99. I should go check out their local theater, but I have really liked the Cinemark theater. They don’t have a great movie club though … $8.99 for one ticket (credits do roll over) and 20% off concessions. I still come out ahead.

TheBang 10-28-21 06:14 PM

Just a reminder that the 4th and final Click or Treat newsletter for Regal came out today. They said that you have until next week Thursday to click all 4 links to earn the free popcorn, so dig your newsletters out of your trash if you need to.

Trevor 10-29-21 07:39 AM

Thanks TheBang. And I keep forgetting to bump this thread every Wednesday.

IDrinkMolson 11-26-21 09:09 AM

Amazon has $10.50 off $50 Fandango gift cards with Code: FANDANGO21
Email delivery.
I tested, and it does not work on Vudu.

For a limited time while supplies last, save $10.50 when you spend $50.00 or more on select Fandango Email Gift Cards offered by ACI Gift Cards Inc., an Amazon company. Enter the code FANDANGO21 at checkout to receive discount. 1 per customer.