DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Hot Deals (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals-2/)
-   -   OfficeMax: $50 iTunes GC for $40 (20% off) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals/612962-officemax-%2450-itunes-gc-%2440-20%25-off.html)

michaeljoo 08-22-13 05:18 PM

OfficeMax: $50 iTunes GC for $40 (20% off)

I'm not sure where the best place to put this is, it's not technically a DVD or BD deal, but it could be used to buy DCs on iTunes (like the nice little HD bundle deals we recently had).

I believe the deal is good this entire week, so probably expires after Sat. Limit 5 per customer.

Main page. Promo is on the right a little down the page.

Product page for the iTunes GC.

There aren't too many details on the main page, but if you go to the product page, it seems like this might be an online only deal.

At first I thought you could get this in store too, but now I'm not too sure since there is a red X next to "Not Available in Store." (Or does that mean that it is NOT "Not Available in Store" and so IS available in store?)

I've seen the cards in store for sure, so it just may be that the deal is online only. I don't know if OfficeMax allows PMs to its own website.

Plus, there may be an additional $0.99 shipping fee, but I'm not certain about this. The $0.99 shipping fee might already be included in the $40 price.

If you look at the $50 GC vs. the $25 and $100 ones, the other 2 have an additional $0.99 added, as does the original price of the $50 one, but not the $40 sale price. Also, the first point under Features is "Gift Card Value plus a 99 cent shipping fee included in the price of the gift card" so probably no additional charge.

In any case, I was going to stop by OM today to get this, but then ended up just PMing this deal at BB today, so I never found out if you could get this in store or if there is an additional shipping fee.

RonG617 08-22-13 06:24 PM

Re: OfficeMax: $50 iTunes GC for $40 (20% off)

Gave it a try. I wonder if it is a site error and they will cancel the order. No extra fee and you can't get this in store.

RonG617 08-23-13 04:29 PM

Website said it shipped today.

Trevor 08-23-13 05:43 PM

I'll add it to this thread.

My Other Self 08-25-13 12:32 PM

eBay has advertised on their main page a $50 iTunes gift card for $35 through this weekend from one of their sellers.

RonG617 09-02-13 12:20 PM

Still waiting for it to arrive. Terrible service so far from OfficeMax

Dorsalphin 09-03-13 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by RonG617 (Post 11818380)
Still waiting for it to arrive. Terrible service so far from OfficeMax

Same here. The really annoying/odd thing is I've received at least 2 separate e-mails a week apart stating that my order shipped, only to then receive an e-mail later telling me that they were experiencing delays and that it hadn't shipped. It really shouldn't be very hard to obtain and ship out gift cards. I definitely won't be ordering from them again.