Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Advance Screening to Warrior (AMC Stubs Card Required???)

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Old 08-12-11, 05:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AMC STUBS ACCOUNT REQUIRED

Exclusively for AMC STUBS® members. See WARRIOR over a week before the release!

Warrior One-SheetThank you for being a valued AMC STUBS member! We are offering AMC STUBS members a chance to have a FREE advance screening of the movie “WARRIOR”, starring Tom Hardy and Joel Edgerton, on Wednesday evening, August 31st.

Click on the links below to find out how you can access two tickets per AMC STUBS account for screenings in the following markets:

Not an AMC Stubs member yet? Join by clicking the logo below!

http://www.amctheatres.com/warrior/

Warrior August 31st, TOO MANY CITY'S TO LIST!!!

All guests will need to show their membership card or by provide a photo ID for account verification at the box office before receiving tickets. Each AMC STUBS member will only be eligible to receive two tickets. First-come, first served. Limited quantity available. Tickets will be available starting Friday, August 12th at participating theatres until the quantity is depleted. We highly encourage you to redeem your pass at the box office prior to the event. Guests attempting to redeem their pass on the night of the event run the risk of a sold-out event.
Old 08-16-11, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Advance Screening to Warrior (AMC Stubs Card Required???)

FYI. Joining stubs costs $12 per year.
Old 08-16-11, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,399 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by big whoppa
FYI. Joining stubs costs $12 per year.
if you were a member of movie watchers and haven't signed up for this yet, they will occasionally send you an email to join for $6.
Old 08-17-11, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deftones
if you were a member of movie watchers and haven't signed up for this yet, they will occasionally send you an email to join for $6.
They sent me a free card for 1 year when Stubs started...
Old 08-17-11, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
They sent me a free card for 1 year when Stubs started...
Me too, I had been a Movie Watcher member since 1997. So maybe that's why?

12 bucks sounds like a lot, but if you go to the movies regularly it's worth it for the free soda/popcorn upgrade as well. With ticket/concession prices it's easy to rack up a $100 bucks, then you get $10 in Rewards to use any way you want at AMC (even for first week releases! and to renew your stubbs card.) My wide and I go to the movies at least once a week, sometimes twice. On average probably spending 25 bucks, I have collected $30 in stubbs rewards so far this year.

Last edited by ScissorPuppy; 08-17-11 at 03:01 PM.
Old 08-17-11, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 830 Likes on 390 Posts

I've been a movie watcher member since the early to mid ninties and I never got anything. I don't even think I have an email address associcated with my account (because I didn't even have an email address then).

I don't go to the theater enough to make it worth it, and unless I get some kind of deal, I don't go to AMC anymore, I go to another theater that does 4 dollar admissions before noon.
Old 08-17-11, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
I've been a movie watcher member since the early to mid ninties and I never got anything. I don't even think I have an email address associcated with my account (because I didn't even have an email address then).

I don't go to the theater enough to make it worth it, and unless I get some kind of deal, I don't go to AMC anymore, I go to another theater that does 4 dollar admissions before noon.
I didn't receive an email. They just sent me a Stubs card in the mail, saying that Moviewatcher was being discontinued, so they gave me a free year to try the new program. I had only used my Moviewatcher card maybe 3 times in the previous year. I used it a lot in the late 90's when I lived in CA, but now I'm in WI and we have ONE AMC theater. That's it.

AMC is more expensive than my other local theaters. I only go there when I have Moviecash certificates to use. It's nice that you can still get credit at AMC, even when you don't spend one cent of your own money...