DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Hot Deals (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals-2/)
-   -   Best online for contact lenses? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals/593429-best-online-contact-lenses.html)

OldBoy 08-07-11 10:27 PM

Best online for contact lenses?

Looking for reliable and cheapest online retailer for contact lenses where I can just punch in my prescription...

Also, what is good contact lens that is so good it doesn't feel like you are wearing them at all? (Brand and model)

Thanks.

NotThatGuy 08-07-11 10:28 PM

Re: Best online for contact lenses?

I pricematched to 1800 Contacts. I've done it for a few years, and they've been solid.

OldBoy 08-07-11 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by pedagogue (Post 10882005)
I pricematched to 1800 Contacts. I've done it for a few years, and they've been solid.

Thanks for quick response peda.

What do u mean by pricematch? What brand and kind do u use?

Groucho 08-07-11 10:36 PM

Any of these places offer online exams as well?

Dan 08-08-11 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598 (Post 10882004)
Looking for reliable and cheapest online retailer for contact lenses where I can just punch in my prescription...

coastal contacts

Also, what is good contact lens that is so good it doesn't feel like you are wearing them at all? (Brand and model)
It really depends on your own eyes. This is where it helps to go get a prescription from a local optometrist, then ask for samples. My optometrist was always willing to give me one pair of any brand I wanted just to see if they worked for me. I use Acuvue Oasys. Used to use Frequency 55 and found them to be too thick.

big whoppa 08-08-11 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598 (Post 10882010)
Thanks for quick response peda.

What do u mean by pricematch? What brand and kind do u use?

A pricematch is simply calling a store and telling them you've found a lower price and would like for them to match it.

Originally Posted by SomethingMore (Post 10882603)

It really depends on your own eyes. This is where it helps to go get a prescription from a local optometrist, then ask for samples. My optometrist was always willing to give me one pair of any brand I wanted just to see if they worked for me. I use Acuvue Oasys. Used to use Frequency 55 and found them to be too thick.

You have to go see an optometrist anyway because you can't buy contacts without a prescription. They are supposed to get trial contacts for free so they can let you try them. I've been using B&L disposable torics for a couple of years. They are comfortable but I still don't like to wear them all the time because they feel a little dry after a few hours. I'm thinking of trying out Oasys myself but I've used Acuvue before and they were less comfortable than than the B&L.

Mankal 08-09-11 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 10882015)
Any of these places offer online exams as well?

http://www.disabled-world.com/images/eye-chart-4.gif
Let me know whats the smallest you can read..
We also do online billing, and accept online payments.

the_dude8 08-19-11 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by SomethingMore (Post 10882603)
coastal contacts

that is where i ordered mine oasys as well. Every places you order online, they tag on the ins like $12 for the contact. Costs me $175 for one year supply of the oasys from coastal after i ask them for pricematch to lens.com.

coastal contacts is based in Blaine, WA USA.