Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

New Coinstar Deal - Cash in $40, get $50 at iTunes, Lowes, Amazon, Borders, & others

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

New Coinstar Deal - Cash in $40, get $50 at iTunes, Lowes, Amazon, Borders, & others

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-10, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.coinstar.com/us/html/a-home

Cash in $40 worth of coins (or bills?) and get a $50 gift certificate from one of the following

Amazon
iTunes
Lowes
Borders
Rixty
Regal Cinemas

Promotion ends on December 31, 2010, except for the Amazon deal which ends on December 22, 2010.
Old 12-16-10, 07:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: New Coinstar Deal - Cash in $40, get $50 at iTunes, Lowes, Amazon, Borders, & oth

The extra Amazon $10 is emailed to you within 24 hours of entering the code from your $40 e-certificate on Coinstar's website.
Old 12-16-10, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
Re: New Coinstar Deal - Cash in $40, get $50 at iTunes, Lowes, Amazon, Borders, & oth

It says the bonus 10 expires 1/31/11 and is good on "Toys and Games" "Or Millions of Other Gifts". Which either narrows it down a lot, or doesn't.
Tempting....I don't think my change jar has got forty bucks in it yet though....
Old 12-16-10, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by dtcarson
It says the bonus 10 expires 1/31/11 and is good on "Toys and Games" "Or Millions of Other Gifts". Which either narrows it down a lot, or doesn't.
Tempting....I don't think my change jar has got forty bucks in it yet though....
That "toys and games" wording is all over the terms and conditions. If I'm limited to certain items, that probably kills it for me.
Old 12-16-10, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
That "toys and games" wording is all over the terms and conditions. If I'm limited to certain items, that probably kills it for me.
Seriously doubt there are any restrictions on what you buy with the Amazon GC.

I'd think the "Or Millions of Other Gifts" covers everything that's not a toy/game.
Old 12-16-10, 09:44 AM

The "Toys and Games" only shows up for Amazon... Not sure if I'll take advantage of this or not. Usually Amazon GC's are good on the whole site.

I sent them a message - will respond back when/if I hear something.

Last edited by rassi; 12-16-10 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-16-10, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think I'm going to try this just to see what happens. I have a few pending orders with Amazon right now, so if I get this today, I should be able to apply the GC to the order. If the bonus $10 comes as quickly as they say it does, I should be able to report back soon on whether or not it is good on anything.
Old 12-16-10, 06:20 PM

I heard back from Coinstar. Everything at Amazon is acceptable except Amazon Merchants.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your e-mail. The Amazon promotion will allow you to choose form millions of items fulfilled by amazon.com

not just Toys and Games.

The promotion does not include items purchased from Amazon merchants.

Thank you,

Coinstar Customer Service

800-928-CASH (2274)
Old 12-16-10, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I read the terms a little closer and went ahead and did the Amazon offer - I need a new PS3 controller which runs about $44.

Anyway... the $10 credit to Amazon is sent to you by email and can be used on anything that Amazon sells, no merchants as mentioned above including big-name merchants like Target, etc.

If you do this, in the promo code any 0 is the number 0, not the letter O. The font they use make them look like letters.

And my local coinstar accepts bills though I had previously picked up four rolls of quarters (my bank and the drugstore with the coinstar are very close to each other).
Old 12-18-10, 04:44 AM

Be forewarned, once you start putting in coins, you can't add bills to the "same transaction" if you come up short. We had a bunch of coins (I thought more than $40) so had the machine count my coins. Came up to just over $38, and I couldn't add $2 to it to put it up to $40 to get the extra $10... so I will have to come back with some change before the promotion ends.
Old 12-18-10, 03:01 PM

Ok, so I did this and already got my promo code via email.

It is a promo code and not a "standard" GC in that you can't type it in now and leave the amount on your account. You have to use it AT the time of purchase.

Terms:
To use the $10 Amazon Bonus Code, follow these steps:

1 – Add TOY, GAME and millions of other gifts sold by Amazon.com** to your Shopping Cart. Product sold by Amazon.com will have the In Stock message with the copy "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com".
2 – Enter the $10 Amazon Bonus Promotion Code above into the Gift Cards & Promotional Codes box at checkout.
3 – The $10 Amazon Bonus Promotion Code will be reflected on the final order checkout page and will be applied at checkout.

Enjoy your shopping at Amazon.com. Be sure and visit Coinstar again to get the most value for your coins!

Terms and Conditions:
• Each promotional offer claim code ("Code") can be used only once and expires on January 31, 2011.
• Limit one code per Amazon.com account.
• The promotion is valid for a limited time only. Amazon reserves the right to cancel it at any time.
• If you do not purchase the qualifying items added to your Shopping Cart when the promotion is in effect, the discount will not apply.
• ** The promotion applies only to products sold by the seller indicated in the offer message. It does not apply to the same products sold by other sellers. For example, if the promotion applies to toys and games offered by Amazon.com, the same toys and games offered by other sellers on the Amazon.com website (e.g. Macy's, Target, etc.) do not qualify.
• The promotion does not apply to digital and downloadable content sold on Amazon.com, including but not limited to e-Books, Video on Demand, Audible Audiobooks, MP3 Downloads, and Game Downloads.
• The promotion code can only be used once.
• All qualifying items must be purchased in one order and shipped to a single address.
• If you return any of the promotion items, we will subtract your discount from your return credit.
• Shipping and handling charges may apply to all products.
• This promotion may not be combined with other offers, including promotional certificates.
• Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click.
• Offer good while supplies last.
• Void where prohibited.
• If you remove any of the promotion items from your Shopping Cart or violate any of the Terms and Conditions, the promotion will be invalid, and the discount will not apply.
• Also, for an even greater value, take advantage of FREE Super Saver Shipping (restrictions apply) and Prime (restrictions apply).
Old 12-19-10, 11:23 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Did it this morning and got my email within 20 minutes. The GC for the original $40 can be used for anything including marketplace and merchants. The bonus $10 can only be used for in stock new orders. I did try applying it to an existing order that has not shipped without luck.
Old 12-19-10, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Pretty short redemption window.
Old 12-19-10, 03:17 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

So can you just put 4 ten dollar bills in for a 40 dollar gift card and get this bonus? Or do you need to put some currency in and then some coins? Anybody know? thanks.
Old 12-19-10, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by g
So can you just put 4 ten dollar bills in for a 40 dollar gift card and get this bonus? Or do you need to put some currency in and then some coins? Anybody know? thanks.
Cash alone should work just fine.
Old 12-20-10, 06:50 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Just a note to anyone who might want to do this multiple times. The Amazon bonus $10 bonus GC is a one use only offer, so even if you go back with another $40 and cash in and get a new bonus code, Amazon won't let you use it. One offer per Amazon account.
Old 12-21-10, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I put in nearly $200 in change into coinstar a few months ago. The computer crashed during it. Took 2 weeks to get my money. Took 5 months to get them to reimburse the 8.9% fee as I was going for an Amazon GC. Won't ever use them again.
Old 12-22-10, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts

Going to give them a call...

I cashed in $42 last night.

The machine got jammed and froze up. The grocery store's associate unclogged the jam, but the machine reset and went to default settings (ie: cash) instead of the settings I chose (ie: Amazon)

Instead of getting $52 worth of Amazon codes (42 + 10 bonus) , I got $38 cash (42 - 4 in fees). WTF.

Last edited by GuessWho; 12-22-10 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-22-10, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Crap! Glad I saw this! I have been amassing a TON of change for this exact promotion with Amazon. Time to head to the grocery store!
Old 12-22-10, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

What a load of crap. I went to Wal-Mart today to use their Coinstar and it wouldn't give me the option of getting a gift card. It was either cash voucher or donate to charity. Not sure if its something to do with Wal-Mart having a deal with them to not sell gift cards to other stores or what.
Old 12-22-10, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mike86
What a load of crap. ... Not sure if its something to do with Wal-Mart having a deal with them to not sell gift cards to other stores or what.
That's probably it. The Coinstar I use is in a CVS pharmacy, no issues like this, look at the coinstar site for more locations near you.

And I used my $10 Amazon promotion yesterday, worked great. I picked up a PS3 controller which costs about $43. I put in the $10 promotion code and it took $10 off, then I put in the $40 gift card code and it took that too. Cost = $0 (after promotion code & gift card), and I have $7 credit left over.

Come to think of it, I could use a new bathroom faucet, I think I'll do the deal for Lowes also.
Old 12-23-10, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Since a few posted having bad experiences with coinstar/this promotion, I figured I'd balance things out a bit by saying I didn't have a problem at all--entering the coins, getting the code, etc.
Old 12-23-10, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crap, saw this thread just hours too late for an Amazon card.
Old 12-23-10, 05:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not all Coinstar machines give the gift certificates. I have two near me that do but still couldn't take advantage of this promo. One of the machines did not have a bill slot; the other one did but still would not accept the bills.

If I hadn't been so busy at work the past week or so, I would have taken my bills to the bank and converted them to coins.

Oh well.
Old 12-23-10, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Superdaddy
Not all Coinstar machines give the gift certificates. I have two near me that do but still couldn't take advantage of this promo. One of the machines did not have a bill slot; the other one did but still would not accept the bills.
I had the same problem with it not accepting bills, at first. I couldn't get it to work when I chose the option to cash in coins (I didn't put any coins in, as someone else had stated, but I still couldn't get it to take any bills). However, there is another option when you first start to "buy a pre-made gift card" or something like that. Choosing that option was only for bills, and no coins. I inserted my two twenties, and my slip still had the bonus $10 offer. I know it's too late for you for the Amazon deal, but in case you wanted Borders or something else you could try it...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.