Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Get a capital one Sony Visa, get $200

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Old 10-29-10, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/gateway/?offerlink=NC20k

Been awhile since I have seen decent credit card incentives. Just in time for people to get some Christmas gifts. A free $200 is pretty dang good.
Old 10-30-10, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Get a capital one Sony Visa, get $200

Any minimum purchase amount? What's the catch?
Old 10-30-10, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to the link, you get 20,000 sony points for making your first purchase. Those points are redeemable for a $200 sony gift card. The gift card is good for sony products. Its not exactly getting free $200.
Old 10-30-10, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a bad deal, though.

The "Sony Gift Card" is a bit nebulous, I don't see where it is only god for Sony products.
Old 10-30-10, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Looking at my Chase Sony card, they are just telling you what they want you to buy. There are plenty of gift cards, but they are priced different. For example, a Sears $25 card is 3500 points. You can also get a #D Sony BD player for 19,999 points.

I have a card I got when it gave me $100 off my PS3 purchase. Haven't used it since. But if you want a sony product, it's a pretty decent deal. But their "rewards" do seem limited compared to most. Get it, use it, burn it.
Old 10-30-10, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by kvrdave
Looking at my Chase Sony card, they are just telling you what they want you to buy. There are plenty of gift cards, but they are priced different. For example, a Sears $25 card is 3500 points. You can also get a #D Sony BD player for 19,999 points.

I have a card I got when it gave me $100 off my PS3 purchase. Haven't used it since. But if you want a sony product, it's a pretty decent deal. But their "rewards" do seem limited compared to most. Get it, use it, burn it.
If you have a sony card, you can also play the daily games at sonyrewards.com to earn free points and cash them in for rewards (you can play the games and earn points if you don't have a sony card, but there are restrictions as to how you can redeem them if you don't have the card). They used to have $10 PSN gift cards on there for 1000 points, so I was redeeming all my points for that, and not spending anything on PSN. They took that down as a reward a while ago. Now I just get a free game from the rewards site whenever I build up enough points, and I hardly ever use my sony card for anything, it's mostly just the free points for playing the games.