Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Mikasa Natura crystal stemware, $1.50 per piece

Old 03-17-10, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Mikasa Natura crystal stemware, $1.50 per piece (Update: Dead)

Update: The deal is dead as of Thursday morning.

This is a dirt-cheap price on a discontinued line of lead crystal / etched glass stemware. Do a search on Amazon for:

Mikasa Natura

There is a 7 ounce white wine glass, a 10 ounce red wine goblet, a 10 ounce martini glass, and a 16 ounce goblet. Each are priced at $6 for a pack of four glasses. This line also had a champagne flute but that one isn't available at this price.

The Mikasa Natura line only ran from 2006 to 2008, it was phased out of stores during 2009. MSRP per piece was about $22, you would have seen these in department stores for about $15 per piece on sale. I bought ten glasses last fall for $6 each (a clearance sale) and they were worth every penny. I couldn't buy any more because they were out of stock everywhere - and they are still out of stock everywhere.

Edit: Amazon has raised the price to $10 for four, still a low price for these glasses.

Last edited by Heat; 03-22-10 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-18-10, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Mikasa Natura crystal stemware, $1.50 per piece

The deal is dead. First Amazon raised the price from $6 to $10 for four pieces, then it was $10 for one piece, then they were all unavailable, now they don't even show up on the search.

I hope that some DVDTalkers out there were able to take advantage of this deal, they are really nice glasses. My shipment is scheduled to arrive today or tomorrow, it will be nice to have a complete set of glasses plus some extras.

Last edited by Heat; 03-22-10 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-19-10, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I ordered the red and white wine glasses. One set of 4 each. I got the order confirmation, but have not received a shipping confirmation yet. I'm wondering if my order will get cancelled.

Thanks for the deal though.
Old 03-23-10, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hmm... I got the glasses but they weren't sets of four, they were individual glasses. That is, for each set of 4 I ordered, I received one glass. Plus the item shown as the goblet was actually the double old fashioned glass (for liquor on the rocks) which was nice, but I don't have water goblets. The numbers on my personal set are now way off.

If anybody else ordered these and only gets one glass (instead of four), I recommend just returning them. It will be very hard to get a complete set of this design since it's been discontinued.
Old 03-23-10, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That's disappointing, and I will definitely be giving the vendor a negative review for not advertising their items properly.
Old 03-24-10, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ugh, just informed that they sent one glass.
Old 03-24-10, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by spainlinx0 View Post
Ugh, just informed that they sent one glass.
Check with your Amazon order, it should show that you ordered sets of four. Also check to see how many boxes they shipped the glasses in, it is possible that there are more boxes out there.
Old 03-26-10, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's weird. The white wine glasses I had shipped as a set of 4. The red wine shipped individually. Conveniently when I click on my order on Amazon the red wine glasses don't "set of 4" anymore. Very shady. I'll have to look up my original email.
Old 03-26-10, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How do you like the glasses? My wife and I love the design.

On my orders, some came through as individuals, others came through as sets of four. Weird. Amazon shows a couple more boxes out there so I'll see if anything comes tomorrow before I call.

For what it's worth, the price is now $4.50 per glass, down from $6.00. I just ordered twenty 16-ounce goblets, about $100 after shipping - these are the top picture of the first post. And I need to order a few more champaigne glasses, at $8.50 each (through www.mikasa.com). Like I said, we really like these glasses and we won't be able to buy anymore of them in a very short time.
Old 03-29-10, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I like the glasses. I just don't want to deal with the hassle of not knowing what's coming in the order.
Old 03-31-10, 12:08 AM
gamer for life

dang I missed out on a good deal...my youngest just broke two of my wine glasses..