Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Bicycle Personalized Card Decks - B2G1 + $6 off + Free Shipping

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Old 11-16-09, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Bicycle is running a promo where you can get 1 free deck when you order two.

Coupon Code: 1FREEWITH3

Also a mysterious $6 discount also applied when I changed my quantity from 1 to 3(reg. price is $19.99 ea). Final cost for 3 custom decks was $35.98. I ordered 3 of the same personalized deck so I don't know if you can order three different decks or not.

It appears there is a 10 day turnaround time to actually receiving them, which is good to keep in mind if anyone is gifting these for Christmas, like I am.
Old 11-19-09, 09:30 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts
Re: Bicycle Personalized Card Decks - B2G1 + $6 off + Free Shipping

Anyone done this before? Is it one picture on the back of every card, or up to 52?
Old 11-19-09, 10:38 AM
JLB
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You wouldn't want different pics on each card. Then people would learn which pic is on which card.....making certain games real tough to win.
Old 11-19-09, 10:56 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by JLB
You wouldn't want different pics on each card. Then people would learn which pic is on which card.....making certain games real tough to win.
I'll cover my huge lapse in logic by saying....of course only one picture on the back of the cards. I thought the pictures/personalization were on the other side.

But seriously, is that all the 'personalization' is? One picture on the back of all the cards? Hardly seems worth more than a buck or two premium over the regular cost of a buck or three for a pack. Adding pics or family quotes on the 'inside' of the cards would add some fun to card games.
Old 11-19-09, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

I've never done it before but thought they would make a cool gift this year. I'll report back when they get here. I'm kinda curious if they seal the deck in plastic. That would be a nice touch. As far as I could tell you can only customize the backs. They do give you two size options on the card fronts (standard and geezer). I imagine implimenting a system that accepts 52 different fronts, with pictures and quotes would carry quite a premium price. There are tools you can buy to make your own deck if you are that interested.

Wal-Mart offers the same thing, but I couldn't find any info on what brand deck they use. I think their cost was $16 a deck, so I figured for a few bucks more was worth it for the Bicycle brand. I'm willing to bet their print capabilities are far better than Wal-Mart as well.

*edit - looks like Shutterfly sells them for $25, and like Wal-Mart, no name brand.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 11-19-09 at 11:03 AM.