DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Hot Deals (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals-2/)
-   -   Free Fandango ticket via World Market - first 10,000 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals/558953-free-fandango-ticket-via-world-market-first-10-000-a.html)

SunMonkey 07-28-09 04:16 PM

Free Fandango ticket via World Market - first 10,000

World Market advertised that they are giving away a free Fandango ticket code with any purchase today and tomorrow. However, you don't get a code with the purchase. Instead they give you a generic passkey and it is only for the first 10,000 who register online. You won't know until August 6th if you made the cut.

Basically, go here and use "MOVIES" as your passkey:

http://www.fandango.com/worldmarket

DaveCole 07-28-09 05:04 PM

Re: Free Fandango ticket via World Market - first 10,000

I was going to but it asks for my Fandango password. Not going to give that out.

SuperJim88 07-28-09 05:05 PM

Gave it a shot, Thanks!

kenbenobi 07-29-09 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by DaveCole (Post 9604217)
I was going to but it asks for my Fandango password. Not going to give that out.

Where do you see that?!?!

Using MOVIES like the OP stated, I tried it. Thanks, OP! I knew about the promo, and was going to go to World Market tonight and buy something. Now I don't have to...

cavitating 07-30-09 02:42 PM

Deal is dead, but it gives you a coupon for 10% off entire purchase at Cost Plus from 8/6 - 8/22

Brent L 07-30-09 02:48 PM

Hmmm, hopefully that means I got in. :)

My Other Self 07-30-09 05:41 PM

They closed all the World Markets around here so that 10% off coupon is moot.

Oh well. I'm sure lots of people reigistered 100 times.

Liver&Onions 07-31-09 01:11 PM

Just got my code - thanks OP!

dino88 07-31-09 02:05 PM

Got mine too. I didn't actually see a thread for this until just now.

Question: I just followed the link in the email and enter the code, my information, etc. Now I'm signed on to Fandango's site, but I don't really want to purchase a ticket right now. Can I get on later and enter this same code or must I use it now? I'm confused because it says I activated it, but no where in my (newly created) Fandango account does it show a credit. Although if I try to purchase a particular ticket, the code shows up in the allotted box. Am I going to get screwed if I log out and not buy a ticket now?

Mr.Briggs 07-31-09 02:55 PM

Just got mine too. Thanks OP.

Brent L 07-31-09 05:08 PM

Woohoo, I got mine as well. Thanks OP!

Brent L 07-31-09 07:52 PM

I'm trying to use the code and it keeps saying that it's invalid. Anyone else having a problem with it?

dino88 07-31-09 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Brent L (Post 9612997)
I'm trying to use the code and it keeps saying that it's invalid. Anyone else having a problem with it?

Did you follow the link in your email? You have to go through a very brief survey before you get to the main Fandango site. Then you choose your theater-film-showtime and when you go to check out your code is already entered in the box.

I already used mine. I just got back from seeing Funny People. Very good movie (though a bit on the long side).

Brent L 07-31-09 08:27 PM

There's no survey or anything when I click on the link in the email. It just takes me straight to a page where you put in the codes and stuff, and when I submit it to log in I get the error saying the code is invalid.

EDIT:

The link in the email takes me straight to the page to fill out the form, and the instructions say that after I do that and sign in, then I need to take a survey. I can't get to the survey because it says the code is invalid when I try to sign in. :(

greymatter 07-31-09 11:09 PM

thanks for this

dino88 08-01-09 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Brent L (Post 9613062)
There's no survey or anything when I click on the link in the email. It just takes me straight to a page where you put in the codes and stuff, and when I submit it to log in I get the error saying the code is invalid.

EDIT:

The link in the email takes me straight to the page to fill out the form, and the instructions say that after I do that and sign in, then I need to take a survey. I can't get to the survey because it says the code is invalid when I try to sign in. :(

Strange. Try emailing them and maybe you'll get a new code.

Edit: I think I might know your problem. Are you entering the code (xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxx) in the "Activation Passkey" box. You need to type "MOVIES" in that box and put your personal code in the "Promotional Codes" box (where there are 10 different slots). Hopefully that's what your doing wrong.

Brent L 08-01-09 06:27 AM

Darn, I thought maybe that could be it, but no, I'm putting them both in the right boxes. This really sucks.

Brent L 08-04-09 11:39 AM

I finally got them to work. The link in the email was pointless, that form and everything, at least for me. I could only get them to work by picking a movie, and going through the normal checkout process.

dino88 08-04-09 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Brent L (Post 9619740)
I finally got them to work. The link in the email was pointless, that form and everything, at least for me. I could only get them to work by picking a movie, and going through the normal checkout process.

Good to hear. What are you going to see?

Brent L 08-04-09 03:02 PM

I'm likely going to use the two I got for GI Joe and 500 Days of Summer.